|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
7 books in 1
- Web Technologies
- HTML and CSS
- Web Applications
- PHP and Templates
In charge of a website? Here's what you need to know about key web technologies!
- Lay the groundwork find out how the web works and how to get and install PHP, MySQL, and a web server
- Rockin' with PHP learn about PHP syntax and error messages, build a script, and use PHP to create dynamic web pages
- Magical MySQL administer MySQL and set up MySQL accounts, design and build databases, keep them updated, and connect MySQL to PHP
- Service, please create a web service, create and validate web forms, and set up login objects
Open the book and find:
- Installation instructions for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- HTML building blocks
- How CSS makes creating forms easier
- Tips on coding more efficiently with jQuery
- An introduction to object- oriented programming
- Details of database structure
- How PHP templates can help reduce code
About the Author
Steven Suehring is a technology architect and the author or editor of several popular technology books. Janet Valade is a technical writer, web designer, programmer, and systems analyst. She has conducted various tech seminars and written several books, including PHP & MySQL For Dummies, 4th Edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I've purchased this book some months ago and I'm now reading into it to learn the basics about web developments.
I think it is a great investment if you know close to nothing about the subject, which is building dynamic web sites with database support.
The text is clear and the chapters are reasonable in length. Hence the reader will not get bored nor he/she will become discouraged.
This book will prepare the potential internet applications developer for starting their own projects.
I highly recommend this book for beginners as you will not need 4-5 different books to cover all the topics.
This book will do it for you and for such an awesome price, it's a great buy.
The three platforms are discussed (PC, MAC, LINUX) and example code is prevalent throughout the book. The reader can follow along and code the examples; which I found to be great fun.
Bottom line, I recommend this book as a source of knowledge on introduction to web site mechanics.
Looking to create your own web site, this book is a very good start.
Easy to read and understand.
I do recommend it.
Most recent customer reviews
This book is fantastic, well written for beginners or advanced coders.
I highly recommend this book to others. 5 stars!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Specific Databases > MySQL & mSQL
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Introductory & Beginning > For Dummies - Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Introductory Guides
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > PHP
- Books > For Dummies Store > Computers & Internet