NHL Slapshot Bundle - Wii Bundle Edition
- Inlcudes hockey stick controller
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Amazon.ca Product Description
For the first time ever, EA SPORTS brings NHL to the Wii with NHL Slapshot. Along with it, the game introduces a revolutionary hockey stick controller that allows players to shoot, pass and body check just like the pros.
You started out like all the pros do: wobbly on the ice, playing three-on-three in the neighborhood rink. All that has changed now. You've trained and drilled until your blades dulled, and you've earned your spot on the NHL roster. Now the pressure is on: it's the championship game and the Stanley Cup is within your grasp. There's one minute to go and you hurl yourself toward the puck, feel it nestle against your stick and bolt into a breakaway. You hear the scraping of your opponents' blades close behind you. Your muscles tire but you hold your stick firmly in your hands. The goal is just feet away and the moment is yours for the taking: will you make the championship-winning Slapshot and become a hockey legend?
All of the realistic, exhilarating action is in your own two hands when you pick up the NHL Slapshot hockey stick accessory - skillfully deke, check and shoot with the stick and watch your moves translate into real-time action on your screen. When you control every move, it's up to you to make all of your hockey dreams come true. Start as a peewee and work your way up to play with all of your NHL heroes in a demanding career mode. Do you want to achieve the ultimate level of hockey greatness? Seize the opportunity to take the ice as "The Great One," Wayne Gretzky, and experience what it's like to be a living legend. Whether you're riveting your eyes to the prize or just shooting the net with friends in fun mini games, you'll never want to unlace your skates and step away from NHL Slapshot.
- From the makers of NHL 10, winner of 12 "Sports Game of the Year" awards
- Features an all-new, accessible and intuitive NHL Slapshot hockey stick game accessory that attaches to your Wii Remote and Nunchuk to put every pass, shot, check and deke into your hands (Wii Remote and Nunchuk not included)
- Become an NHL All-Star by beginning at the peewee level and working your way through junior and bantam leagues to five-on-five in the NHL
- Have fun playing three-on-three in the neighborhood rink or feel the pressure of five-on-five NHL play
- Level up your skills and attributes as you learn hockey fundamentals during your journey to the pros
- Take to the ice in jersey #99 as "The Great One," Wayne Gretzky, so you can live out your ultimate hockey dream
- Get exclusive game-day tips and coaching advice from "The Great One" himself
- Play with or against all the real players and teams from the CHL, AHL and NHL
- Play through a full NHL season and playoffs for your chance to hoist the Stanley Cup
- Split-screen shootout mini game is a fun way to practice and perfect your skills: take shots on the net to beat the goalie or use your Nunchuk and Wii Remote as glove and blocker to guard the goal
- Four over-the-the top multiplayer games let you share the fun with friends and family, from the mayhem of Free 4 All to the pressure of Classic Shootout, the fun of two-on-two and the competition of Shooter vs. Goalie
- For 1 to 4 players
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
NHL Slapshot caught my attention after I have read an article that mentioned that the game was designed for a younger audience (and also because I am a huge hockey fan). The controls are indeed much simpler than most hockey games I have played. Most commands can be made simply by waving the hockey stick (passing the puck would be an exception). I can also play with my 8-year old daughter on "pro" difficulty setting without any of us being overwhelmed by the other team. We like playing at the peewee or bantam level, since the team is composed of only 3 players and it is easier for us to control the gameplay.
NHL Slapshot does provide a career mode, which I have not explored much to this date mostly because it does not appear to support multiplayer gameplay.
All this to say that NHL Slapshot is a simpler arcade style hockey game, which makes it a perfect family or party game. Avid gamers looking for a hockey simulation game may be disappointed however.
Most recent customer reviews
Feels just like playing hockey in the family room. Doesnt work in stick with non nintendo controllers so beware when buyingPublished on Feb. 9 2014 by craig
was under the impression the Wii remote unit was included.. it was not. misleading picture on the bundle. ie. the bundle is merely the plastic stick frame with the software disk..Published on April 6 2013 by e-shopper
Great - Bought this for my son - he loved it!! He'll loves playing this, plays for hours!! Thanks for everything!!Published on April 6 2013 by JM