Nano Meets Macro: Social Perspectives on Nanoscale Sciences and Technologies Hardcover – Apr 30 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The editors have compiled a beautifully diverse and timely collection on the social and cultural aspects of nano-scale science and engineering. With informed academic analysis, fresh-from-the-field NGO experience, and provocative images, fiction and poetry, their contribution is as multifaceted as nano itself."
—Prof. David Guston, Arizona State University, USA
From the Inside Flap
This book explores the enormous diversity in social perspectives on the emergence of nanotechnologies. The diversity is structured by applying five broad categories: Philosophy, governance, science, representations and arts, and attention is drawn to important research lines and pertinent questions within and across these categories. Nano goes Macro is designed especially for use in interdisciplinary teaching and discussions about nanoethics with natural science students, but the richness of issues and perspectives makes it of interest to all researchers, practitioners and non-academics wanting an introduction to the social perspectives on nanosciences and technologies. To stimulate a thorough discussion the book includes pieces of science fiction and visual arts, as well as questions for reflection after each chapter. The book contains chapters by prominent scholars and commentators in the field, such as Alfred Nordmann, Rob Doubleday, Lynn Frewer and Friends of the Earth.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Culture
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Bioengineering > Biotechnology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Nanostructures
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Special Topics > Biotechnology
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Nanostructures
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Nanotechnology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Biotechnology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences