countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on June 4, 2012
I bought this book last year and it's pretty fantastic. My favourite field guide when I was a kid was the National Audobon Society's Field Guide to Insects and Spiders. It was a great book; however, this one is even better, and has since replaced it as my primary reference source. It's extremely comprehensive, informative, well organised and has really nice, detailed photos. It also includes nicely drawn anatomical diagrams and information on how to care for insects and spiders in captivity. It would probably be better titled "Field Guide to Arthropods", since Crustaceans and Myriapods are also covered, but this is a tiny nitpick. Overall, this is the best field guide on this subject I've ever read.
on January 19, 2012
Indeed this is an excellent field guide on North American invertebrates. For many years I have been studying insects and I raise some arthropods in captivity. The guide has excellent information, great photos, and is well organized to allow you to quickly find information you need.
on September 13, 2014
This book was surprisingly thicker than I thought it would be. My 8 year old, who is very interested in insects, loves it! Great purchase.
on December 15, 2014