Native Chiefs and Famous Métis: Leadership and Bravery in the Canadian West Paperback – Jun 1 2009
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
[F]ive famous Aboriginal men from Canada's past. . . Also includes a brief history of post-contact events in Canada as they affected the plains people. —Canadian Aboriginal Books for Schools(2009-01-09)
From the Back Cover
These tales of bravery, courage, and decisive action in times of terrible conflict are the stories of heroes. Although the lives of the Native chiefs and famous Metis were often tinged with sadness and loss, they were also an inspiration. Jam-packed with adventures and battles, these tales ultimately tell of the negotiations, broken promises, and harsh realities of the changing face of the West. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Native People (Canada)
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > Canadian
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Regional Canada > Prairie Provinces
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Canadian
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Explore the World > Canada
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > First Nations
- Books > History > Americas > Canada > Province & Local
- Books > History > Americas > Native American
- Books > History > Canada > First Nations
- Books > History > Canada > Province & Local