The Nature of Light and Colour in the Open Air Paperback – Jun 1 1954
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
As he explains the many fascinating sky and optical phenomena, Minnaert basically forces the reader to figure out for themselves as they read along with his explanations. It's very rare for a science book to pull together the big picture without losing sight of the underlying physics. This book wonderfully shows the workings of a scientist's mind, and the author's enthusiasm and creativity is infectious. Astronomers, artists and anyone with a passion for the beauty of the outdoors will love this book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Meteorology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Optics
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Optics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences