- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Naughty Little Book of Gaelic: All the Scottish Gaelic You Need to Curse,Swear, Drink, Smoke and Fool Around Paperback – Mar 19 2014
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Michael Newton, PhD, is Technical Lead for the Carolina Digital Humanities Initiative (see http://digitalinnovation.unc.edu). He was formerly an Assistant Professor in the Celtic Studies Department of St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia. He was awarded a PhD in Celtic Studies from the University of Edinburgh in 1998. He has written several books and numerous articles on many aspects of Highland tradition and history in Scotland and North America. He was the editor of Celts in the Americas (CBU Press) and Dùthchas nan Gaidheal: Selected Essays of John MacInnes, which won the Saltire Society’s Research Book award of 2006, and is the author of Warriors of the Word: The World of the Scottish Highlanders, which was nominated for the 2009 Katharine Briggs Award for folklore research. You can follow his work on his blog, The Virtual Gael, at http://virtualgael.wordpress.com/.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Science
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Gaelic
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Celtic Languages
- Books > Education & Reference > Quotations
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Study & Teaching
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Customs & Traditions