Echo Spot countdown boutiques-francophones Introducing Fire 7 tablet, starting at $59.99 WFM Furniture Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store fd18 Tools

on June 17, 2014
Bought this to replace a 5-year-old Linksys router for better range and speed. Worked great for 2 months and then died. At least it was still under warranty.

First I tried their online support, and got a fairly prompt response. (Great! So I thought....) They went through a few diagnostic things and determined that it was dead, and they would authorize me for a replacement. I just had to call a phone number to get a return code. So I called the number. Well it took 2 weeks and 5 different phone calls before I FINALLY was given my return code. The techs on the other end HAD to proceed through their pre-rehearsed scripts, and they completely disregarded any of the online support's conclusions ("That's okay, sir, but I just need to ask a few more questions..."). And each time I had to call in (multiple times for various reasons) I had to go through some / all of the script AGAIN.

I finally got my replacement, and 10 months later it has now died. No more warranty this time. Good thing I kept the old Linksys as a pinch-hitter... I will not be buying another Netgear.
2 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2012
Easy to install and get to work with my network. Lots of options and control functions. Also able to prioritize which devices get bandwidth, such as my VOIP so that there's a clear conversation. Latest security protocols (commercial level). Nice little USB storage which is accessible from my Android devices. Makes sharing content between my families devices easy, a little slow, but easy. Help line, both online and on the phone, are fast and clear.
2 people found this helpful
on November 11, 2014
I run this with DD-WRT. Works pretty great, but sometimes the WDS between the two routers craps out and I have to reboot the second (repeater). This is infrequent though, once every 4 months or so. I think there might be some issues with the 5GHz band, as sometimes my devices can't connect, and I have to reboot *the devices*.
on May 8, 2013
I have a Bell Connection Hub, which is my modem/router in one.

I wanted a new router to take over, so I bought this.

Anyone that leaves negative reviews just doesn't know how to use a router. This router works great.

I also have another older NetGear router that I've had a great experience with. I connected it to this one and used it as an access point.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a decent priced router.
on May 15, 2013
A friend of mine suggested this unit, when we were on Maui...and were being tossed off the internet alot....so we ordered one...and this friend installed it. What a difference....we had faster speed as well, and stayed on the internet. So.....we ordered one for home! It is now installed and we like it.
on December 29, 2012
This looks like a pretty good router; though the NetgearGenie software is pretty crappy. The web-based interface works relatively well, though the scrolling is buggy on iPad and iPhone meaning you can only use it properly on a computer. There's an iPhone app to manage it but obviously, just like the NetgearGenie software, it's very limited in what it can do, though it feels less cruddy.

All-in-all I'm not impressed at all by Netgear's software. It leaves a lot to be desired.

Also note that you cannot (yet) flash this thing with OpenWRT, there's an unofficial DDWRT image for this and the native software doesn't appear to provide support for connecting to any kind of VPN.
on October 22, 2014
Out of the 4~5 routers I owned, this one seems to provide most stable wifi connection with no random reboots required.

It almost feels weird to not have to periodically reset router...
on December 30, 2012
Plug it in and turn in on; easy-to use set-up - chugs away for ever and ever without a hassle.
on August 29, 2013
I got this router a month ago and so far I'm satisfied with everything about it. The set up process was easy and straight forward. I would recommend this to my friends.
One person found this helpful
on October 24, 2015
Despite some negative reviews from others, it has performed fine for me so far. Quite happy with it !