- Actors: Moses Gunn, Patricia Hayes, Alan Oppenheimer, Gerald Mcraney
- Directors: Wolfgang Petersen
- Writers: Wolfgang Petersen, Herman Weigel
- Format: Color, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen, Import
- Language: English, French
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Region: All Regions
- Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
- Number of discs: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: Warner Bros. Home Video
- Release Date: March 2 2010
- Run Time: 102 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 238 customer reviews
- ASIN: B002Z7FM68
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
The Neverending Story - L'Histoire sans fin (Bilingual) [Blu-ray] [Import]
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
When young Bastian borrows a mysterious, ornately-bound book, he never dreamed turning a page would draw him into a shimmering fantasy world of racing snails, hang-glider bats, soaring luckdragons, puckish elves, a Childlike Empress, the brave warrior Atreyu and a slab-faced walking quarry called a Rock Biter.
Wolfgang Petersen (In the Line of Fire) made his first English-language film with this 1984 fantasy about a boy (Barret Oliver) visualizing the stories of a book he's reading. The imagined tale involves another boy, a warrior (Noah Hathaway), and his efforts to save the empire of Fantasia from a nemesis called the Nothing. Whether or not the scenario sticks in the memory, what does linger are the unique effects, which are not quite like anything else. Plenty of good fairy-tale characters and memorable scenes, and the film even encourages kids to read. --Tom Keogh --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The movie is FANTASTIC. This film means a lot to me, because is my all life favourite. An awsome movie for kids and excelent film for adults with a very strong message, specially in current days when the majority of people are losting their hopes, and giving up their dreams. A great message that can change your life.
Why I give ONE STAR?
Simple for the quality of the product.
This Blu Ray is not even close to standard quality. I understand that is an old film, but I have a another old movies in my collecion (Star wars 1977, Empire Strke Back (1980), Return Of the Jedi (1983), E.T (1982), The Dark Crystal (1982) and Labyrinth (1986)) and the image quality are much better than this one
1) Along all the movie you can see a HUGE amount of grain and noise (Something really easy to fix in current days). Too much contrast and in some scenes, the colours are too wam and redish not like in the original version. (For example at the Ivory Tower council, or when Atreyu ride Artax across deserts, mountains & praires at the beginning of the film. Literally that high contrast-wam filter, ruin the watching experience, specially if you are using a large HD Screen. Maybe works fine in the old Cathode ray tube TVs, but no in the modern screens.
The team who remaster the movie, did an HORRIBLE job
2) The Sound. Well, if you going to see the movie in the original language (English) , the sound is very decent (Just be really carful with your subwoofer because the film sound are excedded in bass tones)
The real problem happens when you like to see the movie in other languages.
I always watch the movies in original languages because this is the most pure way to enjoy a film.
But in Never Ending Story, I really like to see it in spanish (My native language), because this is the language what I was habituated when I was kid.
Watch the Never Ending Story is a Nostalgia experience and I really like to enjoy that voices and dialogs of my childwood in the 80's.
Bad news for people like me
The Spanish (And other languages) are just in 2 channels Stereo. Say goodbye, to your 5.1 surround system (Includind the subwoofer) because is not going to work with this movie. Only 2 speakers and that's it.
Sound and image quality are not even close to the basic standars for any Blu Ray in current market
That is the reason why I give to this product 1 star.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews