The New Cabbage Soup Diet Mass Market Paperback – Feb 15 1997
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This dynamic diet plan lets you eat until you're stuffed and lose up to 10 pounds!
Have the holidays left you with too-tight pants? Is there a dress you need to squeeze into for next week's special occasion? Are you planning on wearing a bathing suit anytime soon? If you want to crash off pounds fast-before you start on that long-term eating plan-the New Cabbage Soup Diet is for you. Featured in Cosmopolitan magazine and USA Today, the Cabbage Soup Diet has been a word-of-mouth phenomenon. This revised and updated edition for healthier, safer weight loss contains true stories from a number of successful New Cabbage Soup dieters, so that readers can find out what worked for them and what didn't.
· It also features a seven-day plan, a three-day blitz plan, and now for the first time, a maintenance plan to help you maintain your weight once you've reached your goal!
· It's easy! No special foods to buy, no complicated weighing, no counting fat grams or calories.
· It's low in fat, high in fiber-and healthier than some high-protein diets
· It's hunger-proof! You can have all you want of filling, delicious, and nutritious foods
· It's got dozens of dieting tips for making weight loss easier and longer-lasting that you won't find anywhere else
You've heard about it. Now try it. It really works!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Second consideration is that this is not a healthy diet to stick to long term. However, I had tried every diet out there and couldn't lose any weight. I had a BMI of 27, eating 800 calories a day and doing intense exercise three hours a day. After several months of this, I had not lost one single pound. The only method I could find that made me lose weight was starving. Then I tried this diet, was eating more calories than previously, and lost 10 pounds in a week.
As such, I do recommend this as a last resort for the overweight . If starving is the only way you can lose weight, this diet is a very good alternative to becoming anorexic. Just be sure to maintain the diet for six weeks and then adjust into a normal, healthy diet gradually while starting to exercise an hour a day when you have reached your goal weight. Don't forget your multivitamin.
If you're just not good at making yourself exercise and restricting food, or if you're a healthy weight and just want to be thinner, this is definitely not the diet for you - try French Women Don't Get Fat instead.
One last thing. This diet forbids milk except on Day 5. There is evidence (go to [...] and type in "milk weight loss" in the search field) to show that dairy food greatly speeds up weight loss. For that reason, I allow myself skim milk, cottage cheese and lowfat plain yoghurt (which I flavour with Davinci sugar-free syrups) every day, but otherwise stick to what the diet says. I'd recommend that adjustment.
I do NOT like cabbage or most vegetables, for that matter. But, I bought a blender, blend it up REAL well and I drink it. I'm used to it, now.
What the cabbage soup diet has taught me....is how I'm supposed to eat, how the body reacts/feels when eating properly.
It's gotten to the point where, when I'm off the cabbage soup diet...my mind and body feel guilty.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Meals > Soups & Stews
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Healthy
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Exercise & Fitness
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Nutrition
- Books > Medical Books
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine