New Horizons: Reconnaissance of the Pluto-Charon System and the Kuiper Belt Paperback – Dec 6 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The New Horizons mission provides the first in situ reconnaissance of the Pluto-Charon System and the Kuiper belt, arguably the last frontier of solar system exploration. This book describes the mission, its objectives, expected results, and instruments in articles written by the scientists and engineers most closely involved. The New Horizons mission is expected to return unique observations and discoveries, which will revolutionize our understanding of the formation of the solar system.
This volume is aimed at researchers and graduate students active in planetary science and space exploration, and all other potential users of data obtained by the instruments on board the New Horizons mission.
About the Author
Christopher T. Russell has written over 1500 articles in books and journals on planetary and space physics and has been cited over 45,000 times. He has been awarded the AGU's Macelwane medal, its Fleming medal and COSPAR's Science award. He has been a principal investigator on numerous missions including ISEE 1 and 2, Pioneer Venus, the ISTP/Polar mission and the Magnetospheric Multiscale mission. He is also the Principal Investigator of the ion-propelled Dawn Discovery mission to the asteroid belt.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Aerospace
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Astronomy > Astronomy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Astronomy > Astrophysics & Space Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Books > Science & Math > Astronomy > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Astrophysics
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Aeronautical Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences