Newcomb's Wildflower Guide Paperback – Apr 13 1989
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is as simple as answering five questions which point the user to the appropriate page in the book where the flower is described and pictured. The text is great. The first sentence of each description distinguishes that plant from all others in that group.
If you are looking for a wildflower guide, they do not get better than this one.
My advice...get used to it. Newcomb's system is more efficient and more certain than flower-flipping. A good book.
A most unique aspect of this book is that it includes shrubs as well as plants normally considered wildflowers, adding greatly to its utility for the amateur observer.
Most recent customer reviews
Great book although pictures are not that great and can be a little disorganizedPublished 12 months ago by Nathalie Trudelle
Haven't found anything comparable in the format of a field guide. Recommended for anyone trying to learn about native plants.Published on April 12 2014 by Erin Carroll
Went camping at Fort Ingall, QC and saw so many wildflowers we had never seen before. This guide identified them all for us. We would have been so frustrated without it. Read morePublished on Feb. 1 2014 by Lynda
Amazing book for anyone getting into wildflower ID, great drawings and descriptions make it so easy. Highly recommend for all skill levelsPublished on Nov. 2 2013 by Ashley Lloyd
This is a great field guild for any one from beginner to intermediate identification skills. The drawings are fantastic and the guide in its entirety is well organised.Published on May 31 2013 by Jethier
The best wildflower guide out there. Other wildflower guides just don't compare to Newcomb's. This is the best. nuf said.Published on March 25 2013 by Myles C Falconer
there's no way to tell from the web pages, but this book is only about wildflowers in the Northeast portion of the U.S., didn't do me much good in California. Read morePublished on Jan. 4 2004 by MorseMan
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Botany
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Flowers
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Regional > United States
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Field Guides > Trees
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Flora > Flowers
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Plants > Flowers
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference