- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Next Eco-Warriors: 20 Young Women and Men Who Are Saving the Planet Paperback – Mar 7 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"...Rousing, electrifying profiles in global environmental activism." -Carol Haggas, Booklist March 2011
"This book will break your heart, then inspire you, and hopefully move you into looking at how you can use your life to make a positive difference for the Planet and all the life it sustains--now and for future generations." -Julia Butterfly Hill
"We've arrived at a point in time when being an activist is no longer enough, it's about being an actionist! Emily Hunter's The Next Eco-Warriors is a rich and compelling read that provides insight into the world of today's real planet 2.0 heroes! Any young aspiring actionist really can't afford not to have this brilliant book front and centre in their library!" -David de Rothschild, author of The Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook
"Seeing all these brilliant activists and reading about the work they are doing on so many fronts has had an enormous impact on me. Together, their stories make this abundantly clear: No matter what your passion or calling, no matter your resources or circumstances, you can get out there and DO SOMETHING to effect change. So, what are you waiting for? Do something to save our planet. Now!" -John Robbins, author of The Food Revolution and The New Good Life
"There is an international revolution afoot whose goal is literally to save the world. Its members are young and motivated, and their actions will help pull us all back from the brink of destruction wrought by modern 'progress.' In The Next Eco-Warriors, the revolutionaries tell their own tales that are by turns exciting, horrifying, inspirational, and heart-wrenching. This book is for those of us on the home front who are watching the fighters of the front lines, holding our breath, and cheering them on to victory." -Priscilla Short, author of Thrifty Green
"Never say that today's young people are apathetic--as Emily Hunter makes absolutely clear in this great volume, youth are out there in force, trying every creative tactic they can think of to safeguard the planet on which they will live out their lives. The only question is if the rest of us will follow their lead. I know I'm inspired!" -Bill McKibben, 350.org
About the Author
Emily Hunter, daughter of Greenpeace co-founders Robert and Bobbi Hunter, has worked with numerous environmental campaigns, including saving whales in the Antarctic Ocean and protecting indigenous species of the Galapagos Islands. She is the environmental correspondent for MTV News Canada and the chief eco-blogger for THIS magazine online. Visit her at www.emilyhunter.ca.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Environmentalists & Naturalists
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Transformation
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation > Environmentalism
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Ecology
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation