- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Plume; Revised edition (Nov. 1 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0452281482
- ISBN-13: 978-0452281486
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 1.3 x 20.3 cm
- Shipping Weight: 159 g
- Average Customer Review: 47 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #304,374 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Nighttime Parenting (Revised): How to Get Your Baby and Child to Sleep Paperback – Nov 1 1999
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
William Sears, M.D., is a pediatrician in private practice in Pasadena, California; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Southern California; and a writer and frequent speaker on parenting and childcare. Childcare
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
RE: cosleeping having negative results i'll give you one, my 2 yr old couldn't fall asleep without my husband or I laying down with him. We moved him into his own bed (w/o ANY problems, no crying to sleep, no fussing about being in his room) and he falls asleep now w/o issues, we found out he started having a hard time falling asleep while we were there, but if we weren't there he'd get up and play. Now that he has his own room it's ok if he's awake for a little while reading or such, he can't make a mess. Other than that my now almost 3 yr old does everything by himself, he plays well alone, and he plays well with other children. He doesn't cling, he doesn't have troubles sleeping by himself, and he's just as emotionally stable (if not more so) than his crib slept friends. What I taught him from birth was that his needs and feelings were just as important to me as mine.
I learned to schedule time for myself around his nap and bedtimes, and with help from my husband (or friend) I found joy in knowing my son was safe because I could always see him, hear him, and feel him. And my husband loved it because working outside the home it was the only true cuddle/solo time he got with our son.
We're using it again with our newborn and it's the ONLY thing that gets us both sleep at night. I'd recommend this to anyone.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Children's Health > Sleep
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Women's Health > Pregnancy & Childbirth > Sears, Dr. William
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Development
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Health
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Parenting > Babies & Toddlers > Infants
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth > Sears, Dr. William