Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 4.99 shipping
Donkey Kong Country Returns
|List Price:||CDN$ 49.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 44.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 5.00 (10%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Dual control schemes including the Wi Remote/Nunchuk, as well as a sideways oriented Wii Remote
- The game offers the traditional side-scrolling experience everyone loved, but also levels created in fully rendered 3D environments
- New silhouetted level s add additional challenges as players work to time movements and attacks
- For the first time ever, the franchise features the ability for two people to play together at the same time - one as Donkey Kong, one as Diddy Kong
- Hidden items, puzzle pieces and other surprises are found all through the jungle; spell out K-O-N-G by the end of each level to earn an extra bonus
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Amazon.ca Product Description
Swing through the jungle in Donkey Kong�s craziest adventure ever! You�ll run, jump, backflip, and punch your way to greatness�now with new play controls on the Wii console. ~ You�ll brave the jungle in this action-adventure as only Donkey Kong can: swinging, soaring, swimming, and using acrobatic moves! But the goal isn�t just to run through levels. It�s to string moves together to travel like a daredevil, touching ground as little as possible. ~ This Nintendo favorite has been reimagined with Wii controls. You�ll use the buttons and Control Stick on the Wii Remote� and Nunchuk� controllers to move Donkey Kong, and you�ll swing the Wii Remote controller to grab objects and clap with devastating power. When it comes time to box, you�ll punch with both hands! ~ Explore one of the most imaginative worlds ever seen in a game, now with many areas partially redesigned to take full advantage of the new Wii controls. Newcomers will enjoy its fantastic jungles, dazzling caverns and wondrous seas for the first time, and fans of the original will discover new thrills along the way!
Inspired by earlier games in the Donkey Kong Country series, Donkey Kong Country Returns is a new take on a beloved Nintendo franchise. The first Donkey Kong Country game developed for play for Wii, this new iteration blends familiar actions, levels and characters with a whole new graphical treatment and feel, as well as new control schemes and play options. Features include: a co-op play option allowing you to team up as Donkey Kong and Diddy, radically different visuals ranging from nearly 3D treatment to others that appear in silhouette, two different controller schemes and more.
A New Country for Old Friends
Under the influence of a group of evil Tikis, the animals of Donkey Kong Island have raided Donkey Kong's banana hoard and stolen his stash of bananas - and being an ape of large appetites he understandably wants them back. Good thing that you are along for the ride. With Donkey Kong Country Returns, Retro Studios brings Donkey Kong back to a banana and platforming hungry public in a new side-scrolling adventure with familiar characters and new levels that reignite the passion players had for the Super NES original and all things Donkey Kong.
Like earlier Donkey Kong Country games, Donkey Kong Country Returns is a side-scrolling platformer, but although the game contains classic references, as well as levels and activities reminiscent of earlier games in the series, it is far from a remake. In fact, Donkey Kong Country Returns stands very much on its own not only in its nearly 3D status, but also in its new visual treatment and control scheme. The game features the familiar team of Donkey Kong and his little buddy Diddy Kong. The goal is make your way across Donkey Kong Island collecting bananas and search for hidden items as you swing on vines, ride mine carts and more as you avoid the variety of enemies and situations set against you. New silhouette graphical treatment of both game heroes and enemies in certain levels also introduces new challenges, as players must perform all actions from within an entirely new perspective. The game also features the players choice of either the Wii Remote/Nunchuk controller configuration, or a sideways oriented Wii Remote. In addition to simple navigation and jumping movements, the Wii Remote also allows for a variety of other actions, including: ground pounds, rolls and even air blowing with simple, yet timed shaking of the remote.
In addition, the game also contains fun and user-friendly co-op functionality. In co-op mode players take on the role of either Donkey Kong or Diddy. Both characters have abilities of their own, but work together. Beyond this the game takes possibilities for cooperation even further, especially with players of different skill levels, as Diddy can if need be simply rest on Donkey Kong's shoulder and let him do all the work at times. In the event of death, either character can also be revived by the other by hitting a Donkey Kong barrel within the game. The game also continues the series' use of additional animal friends such as Rambi the Rhino, who can serve as a battering ram and can be ridden in certain areas of the game.
Key Game Features
- Retro Studios faithfully restores everything that made the original series great, from barrel cannons to mine carts, and then builds on those elements with stunning graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. The game offers the traditional side-scrolling experience everyone loved, but with levels created in fully rendered 3D environments.
- Diddy Kong joins the quest. With his trusty backpack, he can produce a jet pack or Peanut Pop Guns to give Donkey Kong more abilities.
- For the first time ever, the franchise features the ability for two people to play together at the same time - one as Donkey Kong, one as Diddy Kong. Players can navigate the levels separately or as one unit. Diddy Kong can ride on Donkey Kong's back and hop off whenever he pleases, allowing novice players to ride on Donkey Kong's back through more challenging areas of the game.*
- Hidden items, puzzle pieces and other surprises are found all through the jungle. Spell out K-O-N-G by the end of each level to earn an extra bonus.
- Motion controls give players a real feeling of control. Players move Donkey Kong using the Control Stick on the Nunchuk controller and can shake the Wii Remote controller to make Donkey Kong slap the ground.
- Vibrant colors, beautiful graphics and fun characters draw players in. Even people who have never played a Donkey Kong game before can pick up a controller and start collecting loads of bananas.
- Every level offers new fun and new challenges. Sometimes Donkey Kong is running through the jungle, sometimes his action takes place on a tropical beach and other times he must become a master of timing as he jumps chasms in a mine cart.
Familiar actions & environments.
New silhouetted levels.
Special abilities via Wii remote.
Co-op play and new enemies.
* Additional accessories required and are sold separately.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Retro studios captured the feel of the DC series with the look and the music; it's faithful to the series. One thing I noticed is that the difficulty has increased, not necessarily a bad thing (and hardcore gamer will probably approve of this) but it's definitely noticeable. I find this one harder than 1-2-3 but it's not really a problem. I must say that I was a little disappointed that you don't get to fight King K Rool and that you now fight tikis (a la Crash Bandicoot as other reviewers have pointed out) instead of kremlings but it doesn't take away that this is a great and fun game.Read more ›
Donkey and Diddy are back at it trying to rescue their precious banana hoard from a new mysterious enemy that look like tribal masked instruments of some sort. True to the original three DKC titles, this is a side scrolling adventure.
There are some changes to the series that are unfortunate: namely you can only use Donkey in single player games. However, Diddy is an important part of the adventure as you gain the ability to hover with Diddy's rocket barrel when you have him with you.
Two player games open up the possibility of using Diddy Kong as one person controls Donkey, the other Diddy. At any point, Donkey can pick Diddy up and carry him just like in the single player game, or Diddy can jump up and dismount Donkey at will. This is especially useful for playing with people who need help from time to time as you can rescue them from difficult areas.
The controls are fairly intuitive (they take a few minutes to figure out what you have to do) and similar to what you would have expected on the old Super Nintendo titles. The levels are extremely fun and addicting, although I find the mine carts a little more difficult to get used to.
If you are a Nintendo fan, or a Donkey Kong fan, this is a must have title! Super fun!
Only a few small drawbacks. (very small) The co-operative play is a bit difficult to get used to especially to the more amateur consumer and the combo shake and button control can be a little difficult to get used to.
On the up side the backgrounds are brilliantly conceived and I loved the different levels of perspective DK played on. The bosses are challenging but fair for the most part and mini-games were not as difficult as previous versions. A "super guide" is available if you get hopelessly stuck and it is helpful when you are just learning the game.
Overall I must say that Nintendo has created a winner with DK Country Returns. This game has something for everyone and I definitely would recommend it to any fan of adventure gaming.
Most recent customer reviews
it came really fast and it is a very fun game! so happy with my purchasePublished 11 days ago by Catherine Desgroseilliers
As a child this was my favorite game. I beat the whole game on Super Nintendo and when this game out I was SUPER excited. I had to buy it and was not let down. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Shtoopie