|Price:||CDN$ 11.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|2. Let's Get Back|
|4. Get On The Ball|
|5. Move On|
|6. Sad For Me|
|8. Big City Train|
|9. Trapped In A Box|
|12. A Little Something Refreshing|
|14. Brand New Day|
No Doubt ~ No Doubt
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Yes, the lyrics are a little on the cute side at times, like in "Ache" and "Paulina" but music doesn't have to be all angst and melancholy all the time. Ska music is fun, and all music should be fun at least sometimes. Lighten up and smile once in a while.
This is my favorite ND album. I have them all, even the wretched "Rock Steady" which I plan on trading in for a Specials album whenever I get the chance. "No Doubt" is a fun, funky album that will make you smile and feel good. Eric Stefani's keyboard work and lyrics and Gwen's dreamy voice really make this album special. I wish more bands made music like this these days.
So put down your Nirvana album, quit trying to be all cool and angst-ridden for five minutes and listen to this album.
BND - 10/10 - Just 44 seconds of music but it kind of gives you an idea what this CD sounds like. It could make for a perfect theme song for a TV show.
Let's Get Back - 10/10 - "Let's back together Let's get back forever Let's get back together Let's get back" Very fun song. And it has a great sound.
Ache - 9/10 - "Woke up this morning and felt not too cool Ooh ooh ooh"
Get on the Ball - 8/10 - "Don't wait too long Or she'll be gone as fast as a flame" Pretty good song.
Move On - 10/10 - My favorite song on the album. "You have to understand that when it comes to making music We meshed the styles of five alive and intertwined and fused it"
Sad for Me - 10/10 - Another one my favorites. Such a renaissance sounding song. "He said please don't be sad for me"
Doormat - 10/10 - "I'm not your doormat Your floormat So don't wipe your feet on me" A really good song.
Big City Train - 9/10 - Very talk show sounding music OR night-time detective show sounding music. "You'll always find me waiting for the train to come through"
Trapped in a Box - 10/10 - Another favorite. "You're trapped in a box of tremendous size It distorts my vision It closes my eyes"
Sometimes - 10/10 - Great song. Like, an almost heart to heart to talk with oneself. "Sometimes sunshine does not want to shine on me"
Sinking - 9/10 - A very broadway-sounding song. But, still great to listen to.
Little Something Refreshing - 10/10 - Just one of those nonsense songs artists are entitled to.
Paulina - 9/10 - Another fun song.Read more ›
This album is very goofy, and you can tell that they had a lot of fun recording it. There is funk, ska, punk, reggae and a little disco-type beat in certain songs. For the person who reviewed this and didn't know what "BND" stands for, as well as anyone who reads this and didn't know, BND stands for Brand New Day, the last song on the album. BND, the intro, is just a part of the bridge of Brand New Day. Go ahead and listen, and you'll get what I mean. Anyway, this album was the last I picked up, so I'm a little disappointed with myself. Alas, I'm happy now that I have it, and it's a must have for any real No Doubt fan to have in their collection.
1. BND - It's forty-five seconds long, and it's only music, but it's still great. The music is a short introductory piece from the last track on the album "Brand New Day."
2. Let's Get Back - A song about getting back together after a breakup, I'm assuming. It's got a great intro and the lyrics are good.
3. Ache - My favorite song on the album, the story of getting your teeth pulled out and the ache that it leaves. Good music, great lyrics.
4. Get on the Ball - I'm listening to it right now, and the music is great, very ska. It's about if you really want to get that girl you need to "get on the ball" and work for it.
5. Move On - This song is the closest No Doubt will ever get to being a metal band, with ska melded into it. It's about moving on even though things are s[bad].
6. Sad For Me - A slow, sad song with mysterious lyrics and appropriately gloomy music accompanying it.
7. Doormat - Filled with numerous metaphors, it's a song about treating a person right, not like a doormat to wipe your feet on.
8. Big City Train - A song about a train in the big city. Pretty self-explanatory...
9. Trapped in a Box - A great song...this is actually my favorite song, not "Ache" (that's my second favorite). This song is about how much the world is addicted to TV.
10. Sometimes - A great song in which Gwen displays her great vocal skills.
11. Sinking - A song about someone drinking too much and beginnin to sink in life.
12. A Little Something Refreshing - A funny, short song about being hungry and wanting food.
13. Paulina - A hilarious song about a boy's obsession with a woman in a magazine.
14. Brand New Day - A song about every day being a brand new day.
Most recent customer reviews
I am a huge No Doubt fan so it was essential that I get all of their releases. This album was before they made it big with Tragic Kingdom. Read morePublished on Feb. 15 2011 by n_ostrom1
Is this no doubt you mighgt say the first time you hear this! If you are a new no doubt fan and you like the new stuff like rocksteady and the singles cd which is good music, you... Read morePublished on June 15 2004
I know No Doubt was a ska band before Tragic Kingdom and all, but this is way beyond ska, this is put me to sleep music. It is not the No Doubt I know and love. Read morePublished on May 22 2004 by Slothmo
I saw this at a used CD store for 7$ and thought,what the heck, I'll try it. It was wonderful! The songs are catchy and Gwen's voice, though not so polished, still sounds great! Read morePublished on Feb. 16 2004 by Kylie
This album by 'No Doubt' is good for a debut. Tragic Kingdom is much better. Most of the songs on here sound the same! Read morePublished on Jan. 31 2004
It seems as if the debut No Doubt record was not a big seller. How I will never know as the high energy rhythms combined with creative horn and keyboard arrangements make it a... Read morePublished on Jan. 4 2004 by G. J Wiener
First I want to say that although I love No Doubt to death I listened to this CD somewhat unbiased. It's No Doubt as we love it, but not so polished. Read morePublished on Dec 7 2003 by L. Allen
It's very hard to compare this CD to any of No Doubt's later work. All the band members were a lot younger and it was a different time. Read morePublished on Dec 3 2003 by Dustin Gonzalez
This no doubt CD is great, although you probably wont like it if you don't like ska. the CD only sold 30,000 copies because metallica and other grunge bands were very popular at... Read morePublished on Aug. 7 2003 by NoDoubtnumba1fan