- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Nobody's Perfect: A Story For Children About Perfectionism Paperback – Sep 2 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
In addition to being a school psychologist, Ellen Flanagan Burns is a licensed massage therapist. She is a strong supporter of cognitive-based interventions and believes that bibliotherapy with children is extremely powerful. She has a particular interest in helping children with anxiety-related issues because she has worked with many children suffering from them and has dealt with perfectionism personally and professionally. She lives in Newark, Delaware with her family. Erica Pelton Villnave's involvement in children's literature began at The Maryland Institute College of Art where she studied illustration.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I liked that this book spanned a number of examples that included music lessons, schoolwork, sports and trying new things - I think the breadth of examples made it easy for my young listener to grasp that the idea that "nobody's perfect" applies to lots of areas in life and that its more important to try your best and have fun. I hope she will reread this book on her own as she gets older.
Most recent customer reviews
I bought this for a 6 year old, but the story is a little hard to follow.Published 5 months ago by Lily
An excellent resource for a school counselling resource and for parents of children who experience a drive for perfectionism.Published 8 months ago by Natalia Pierce
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Emotions & Feelings
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Self-Esteem & Self-Respect
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Adolescent Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Psychology
- Books > Teens > Social Issues
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy