- Exclusive access to cleaning, safety, and health supplies. Create a free business account to purchase
Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (120mm, Brown)
- Premium quiet fan, 120x120x25mm, 12V, 4-pin PWM, max. 2000 RPM, max. 22.6 dB(A), >150,000 h MTTF
- Next-generation 120x25mm A-series design provides unprecedented quiet cooling performance, ideal for CPU coolers and watercooling radiators
- State-of-the-art engineering (AAO frame, Flow Acceleration Channels, record tight 0.5mm tip clearance) and construction (Sterrox LCP material, metal-reinforced hub, metal bearing shell, etc.)
- 4-pin PWM version for automatic speed control via 4-pin PWM fan headers, 2000rpm maximum speed (1700rpm with supplied Low-Noise Adaptor)
- Includes anti-vibration mounts, radiator gasket, fan screws, extension cable and y-cable for running two PWM fans on the same header
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Media: Accessory
- Item Quantity: 1
The NF-A12x25 is a highly optimised next-generation 120mm fan that integrates Noctua’s latest innovations in aerodynamic engineering in order to achieve an unprecedented level of quiet cooling performance. It takes state-of-the-art technologies such as the AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) frame or Flow Acceleration Channelsand combines them with a record tight tip clearance of only 0.5mm, which is made possible by using the novel Sterrox liquid-crystal polymer (LCP) compound as well as a metal-reinforced motor hub and axis for ultimate precision. Following the approach of Noctua’s A-series, the NF-A12x25 is a true all-rounder that yields superb results in all types of usage, regardless of whether it’s in low-impedance, airflow-oriented applications such as case cooling, or high-impedance, pressure-demanding scenarios such as on heatsinks and watercooling radiators. The 4-pin PWM version supports fully automatic speed control via PWM fan headers and comes with a Low-Noise Adaptor to reduce the maximum speed from 2000 to 1700rpm. Topped off with exceptional running smoothness, Noctua’s reference-class SSO2 bearing and a rich bundle of accessories, the NF-A12x25 is a premium-quality product through and through. Its superior efficiency, cutting-edge construction and pioneering materials make it an elite choice for the most discerning demands.
Highly optimised P/Q curve for all applications
The NF-A12x25’s sophisticated aerodynamic design allows for a pressure to airflow (P/Q) curve that is extremely strong in the critical mid-section. This means that the NF-A12x25 is a true jack-of-all-trades with excellent performance in both static pressure demanding and airflow demanding applications.
Noctua’s 120mm fans such as the NF-F12 and NF-S12A are renowned as being among the best on the market and have received more than 400 awards and recommendations from the international press. With its further improved efficiency and novel, state-of-the-art engineering, the NF-A12x25 represents another step up in performance and manufacturing.
Ultra-tight tip clearance
The NF-A12x25 has a record tight tip clearance (distance between the blade tips and the inside of the frame) of only 0.5mm. This highly ambitious design sets a new benchmark for 120mm fans and helps the NF-A12x25 to work more efficiently against back pressure, such as on heatsinks or radiators, by reducing leak flows through the gap between impeller and frame.
Metal-reinforced motor hub
The centrepiece of the NF-A12x25’s motor hub is made entirely from steel and the axle mount is reinforced with an additional brass structure. In combination, both measures ensure ultimate precision and increased stability in the critical hub area.
Scope of delivery
Next-Gen Sterrox Material
The NF-A12x25’s impeller is made from Noctua’s novel Sterrox liquid-crystal polymer compound that features extreme tensile strength, an exceptionally low thermal expansion coefficient and damping characteristics: ideal for reducing resonance and vibration phenomena in advanced fan-blade designs.
|NF-A12x25 PWM||NF-A12x25 FLX||NF-A12x25 ULN||NF-A12x25 5V PWM||NF-A12x25 5V|
|Voltage||12 V||12 V||12 V||5 V||5 V|
|Connector||4-pin PWM||3-pin||3-pin||4-pin PWM||3-pin|
|RPM||Max: 2000 / Min: 450||2000||1200||Max: 1900 / Min: 450||1900|
|RPM with L.N.A.||1700||1700||-||-||-|
|RPM with U.L.N.A.||-||1350||900||-||-|
|Acoustical Noise||22,6 dB(A)||22,6 dB(A)||12,1 dB(A)||21,4 dB(A)||21,4 dB(A)|
|Acoustical Noise with L.N.A.||18,8 dB(A)||18,8 dB(A)||-||-||-|
|Acoustical Noise with U.L.N.A.||-||14,2 dB(A)||7,6 dB(A)||-||-|
More items to explore
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Very solid, well made materials.
- Best thing ever: extremely flexible and soft cables. Makes your cable management very easy and they don't feel like they would break at all because of the flexibility or softness.
- They provide all the necessary accesories and cables for whatever it is you want to do with them. You can switch them around in the future for other uses like heatsink fan, liquid cooling radiator fan or case fan. No need to waste money for specific fan type.
- I'm running all 3 of them at max RPM and they are still quiet (compared to the corsair and nzxt fans I've owned)
- Got them all 3 with the Noctua NA-FC1 fan control, all cables provided from the NA-FC1 to connect to one single motherboard case fan which is convenient.
- Performance: Excellent static pressure and airflow performance. Will not disappoint you at all
Noctua makes very high quality units - coolers and case fans alike, and this one is no different. The stock fan on my Deep Cool AIO was a little lackluster performance wise and it was also noisy. My temperatures under load dropped by 2-3 degrees C by swapping out the stock fan for this one. It's also incredibly quiet even at full speed.
It's a little expensive but you are getting what you pay for here. It's really nice to see the blades molded in what looks like FRP and the balance and smoothness is excellent. The super tight blade clearance to the shroud is also noteworthy.
Construction is sturdy, this is a heavy fan. The gasket and rubber corners fit tight, tolerances are small. Materials used are high end, you can tell this fan was engineered with a purpose.
Performance wise this is the best fan you can get if you are looking for something that is very quiet and very effective at cooling down the PC case - which is how I am using it. Highly recommended even at its high price.
* significantly heavier suggests very good quality
* no more buzzing at idle and a lot quieter at load
* CPU temps lowered by around 5C on average
Definitely worth the premium price
For the price is quite a lot for a fan. If you want the best performing fan get these and forget RGB fans whatnot, if you want a more budget friendly fans go with the redux fans from Noctua.
They are pricey but if you are bothered by fan noise these are hard to beat and worth the price tag. I was unsure if they would be worth it, but I'm happy to say they are.
Top reviews from other countries
Der Hecklüfter in meinem Gehäuse war bisher ein (eh schon guter) Noiseblocker eloop, den man aber im Sommer oder bei starker Auslastung des Systems schon gut hören konnte wenn er aufdrehte.
Der Noctua ist hier DEUTLICH leiser und auch besser in der Kühlleistung, ich bin wirklich begeistert und beeindruckt. Über kurz oder lang werde ich deswegen wohl auch noch einige andere Lüfter gegen diesen austauschen.
Übertrieben fand ich allerdings die Verpackung, die extrem hochwertig ist (aufklappbar mit Klettverschluss, Prägedruck etc). Für den Einzelhandel als Verkaufsargument nachvollziehbar - aber wenn ich das Ding bei Amazon bestelle, kaufe ich nicht wegen der Verpackung und würde mir lieber einen günstigeren Preis wünschen. Obendrein ist es einfach unnötige Umweltverschmutzung, für einen banalen Lüfter so viel Verpackungsmaterial zu produzieren. Ein einfacher Pappkarton wäre mir und meinem Gewissen lieber gewesen.
1) EK Varder 120mm. Good static pressure. Quite noisy. Terrible quality control. (1 fan defective out of 7 ordered. Fans do not rotate on axis "level" - easily visible).
2) Noiseblocker eLoop 120mm. Fairly weak static pressure. Fairly quiet. Excellent quality. (Note you should only use these in "push" not "pull" against a radiator, because of the design).
3) Corsair ML140 140mm. Very good static pressure. Fairly quiet. Good quality. Overall a good product.
4) Noctua NF-A12x25. Excellent static pressure (better than the very good ML140). Excellent silence (quietest of all at same each rpm). Excellent quality. 7 fans ordered. None defective. Great build quality and consistency.
The only problem with the NF-A12x25 is the price. I can get 2 ML140 for the price of one of the Noctua fans. I wish Noctua would sell the NF-A12x25 at a cheaper price without the bundled accessories, most / all of which are pretty useless to me and immediately get thrown into a spares box.
Note on my system: Currently I have 4x NF-A12x25 against one 480mm radiator. 4x ML140 against a 560mm radiator and 3x NF-A12x25 used as case intake fans. I am an experienced custom PC modder / builder.
I can't wait for NF-A14 fans to get updated to Sterrox standards. When they get released (maybe 2019) I will retire the ML140.
After a couple of weeks of internal struggle I decided to put down £80 for a set of 3 fans and give them a go. Figured hey its amazon I can always send them back if they don't blow my socks off.
All I can say is if you like silence these are the one. I upgraded from 3 ML120 pros and I still can't find my socks 1 month on. The ML pros were only silent at about 800-900 rpm and anything above 1400 was pretty awful. With these you get the same noise levels of 900rpm ml pros at about 1300-1400 rpm. Even running them at max although audible is completely fine due to the tone and pitch of the hum they make.
If your running a water cooled build I highly recommend these for your radiators. Of all my recent upgrades (2080ti/8700k etc) this is the purchase I've been most impressed by. If noise level matters to you give them a go!
Diese hier drehen nur 1200rpm und halten meine CPU bei 30 Grad - und dabei sind die Lüfter wirklich nicht zu hören.
Im Performance Modus drehen sie bei 1800rpm und drücken die Temperatur der CPU auf 23 Grad!
Eine wirkliche Verbesserung!
Ich würde 5 Sterne für das Produkt geben, das technisch und qualitativ wirklich gigantisch gut ist. Die Optik lässt leider sehr zu wünschen übrig. Passt farblich in Badezimmer von 1960.
Einen Stern Abzug gibt es aber für die absolut übertriebene und Umwelt-unfreundliche Verpackung. Ich kaufe das Produkt auf Amazon nicht, weil es eine tolle Verpackung hat, sondern weil das Produkt gut ist. Das Produkt wäre preislich attraktiver und darüberhinaus auch umweltfreundlicher, wenn die Verpackung dezenter gestaltet wäre.
Sie landet ja ohnehin im Müll.... da hätte ich mir von den österreichischen Herstellern mehr Bewusstsein erhofft.
It's the only noctua fan I've ever had issues with, but a significant issue at that. Infact its the first fan I've had "burn out" on me.
UPDATE: The replacement I received is still going strong 2 years on, so definitely got a dud the first time around. This single fan manages to cool a system consisting of a GTX 1060 and i5 9400f w/ L9i cooler. This is in a Lian-Li TU100B, which is smaller than most shoeboxes, whilst also keeping the system extremely silent even under load.
This is with the noctua set as the intake, but I can imagine swapping it to an exhaust (only 1 fan mount in this case) would remove even more heat at the expense of more dust.
CPU averages 70c, GPU maxes at around 75c. Can't ask for any more than this. The previous S12B was good but a lot louder.