North Carolina Waterfalls: A Hiking and Photography Guide Paperback – Aug 1 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you are a photographer, this book is even more enjoyable. Kevin has laid out how to approach many of the shots, what conditions are right, what to expect, and so forth. This makes visiting the falls exciting, but photographing them even more so. He offers quite a few tips and tricks, but does not go overboard with photography advice (aimed primarily for the serious amateur or pro).
If you are visiting NC - this is a must have. After reading it, I'd buy it even if I wasn't visiting. It has a lot of history of each falls and also of the local regions, so as a geography book, it's a great read.
This book (and previous) version made us go out of our way on two vacations to spend extra days in western NC. We're probably going to plan dedicated trips to this area now - we like it so much.
Also - Kevin's website suppliments the book VERY nicely to include updates and changes.
This is never a boring book and is an enjoyable read even when you're not exploring!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Reference
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > How-to
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Nature & Wildlife
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Travel > United States
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Environmental
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Water Supply
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Water Supply
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Water Supply & Land Use
- Books > Travel > Specialty Travel > Ecotourism
- Books > Travel > United States > Regions > South
- Books > Travel > United States > States > North Carolina