Numi Organic Tea Moroccan Mint Capsules 16-Count
|Price:||CDN$ 12.50 (CDN$ 0.78 / count) & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
- A sweet spearmint flavor that is refreshing and soothing any time of day
- K-Cup brewer compatible. Numi and Real Cup are not affiliated with Keurig or K-Cup. Keurig and K-Cup are registered trademarks of Keurig Inc.
- With new EcoCup you can snap the lid and recycle the capsule!
- 16 single-serve capsules
- 100-Percent Organic and Fair Trade Certified
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Numi Organic Tea Moroccan Mint Capsules contains organic mint, known as "nana mint," which flourishes in North Africa. With a flavor as light and lively as a newly picked leaf, it has a sweet spearmint flavor that is refreshing and soothing any time of day. 100-Percent real, organic, Fair Trade Certified tea. Gluten free.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I typically put my Numi tea bags in the KCup holder with the string hanging out make a cup of tea that way and then take the bag out as it does not get pierced, and put it in my tea cup to finish brewing and give me a stronger flavor. Sometimes I even use 2 teabags instead of one if I want it to be stronger. I almost always have to heat it up again for a minute in the microwave as tea requires hotter temperatures than coffee to brew properly. But it's still faster than having to heat up a kettle or to heat water in the microwave from scratch.
I love the Numi Jasmine Green tea as it has a nice mild and fragrant flavor and is perfect for the times when you want to avoid coffee. The teabags can go into my compost and are less wasteful even if you throw them in trash. The K-Cups on the other hand produce a slightly weaker flavor, I have to cool and peel off the top foil and then recycle in parts, and the price is quite high.
It's convenient but not as satisfying as the teabag version and I probably won't purchase again. I am just giving it 3 stars as I like the tea itself, but will continue to buy the teabags to use in my Keurig.
1. Jasmine Green tea should be brewed with lower temperature water than the Keurig produces. Therefore the tea from the KCups has that bitter, strong grassy flavor of incorrectly brewed green tea. Brewed on the largest setting it is ok, but not my favorite. I'll stick with my tea bags.
2. The Moroccan Mint tea is tasty when brewed on the largest setting. It has a spearmint flavor, not peppermint. I could see myself purchasing KCups of this but the current cost is prohibitve. I can buy an entire pound of Numi loose Moroccan Mint on Amazon for about the same price.
3. You can run these cups a second time, but unlike using a tea bag or loose tea multiple times, the result is very weak.
1. These teas are certified fair trade and organic. The Green Jasmine has only green tea and jasmine flowers as ingredients. The Moroccan Mint has only Moroccan mint leaves. Pure, simple, no additives, preservatives, or other chemicals.
2. The cups are biodegradable. After the KCup cools, remove the foil top, pull out the cloth filter and used tea, and then put the plastic shell in the recycle bin.
3. These are very convenient. Let's face it. Brewing the perfect tea takes time, equipment, and attention which we don't always have. In some circumstances, especially when the only access to brewing supplies is a Keurig machine, then this product suddenly becomes acceptable. Maybe. Like when you've just got to have that cup of tea during break at work.
Other thoughts: there is a small residue of tea particles that have fallen out of the inner filter and into the KCups on some of the capsules. These can get into your cup during brewing. You can see them because the KCups are opaque. They don't bother me but might bother others so I'm mentioning it.
The NUMI plastic cups are recyclable, which is a thoughtful touch; however, if you are concerned enough about the earth and its people to pay extra for fair trade tea, perhaps consider buying loose leafier, for single servings, tea bags. NUMI sells both right here on Amazon.