OCP: Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer II Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-809 Paperback – Dec 14 2015
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Covers 100% of exam objectives, including advanced class design, functional programming, concurrency, JDBC, and much more...
Includes online interactive learning environment with:
+3 custom practice exams
+More than 250 electronic flashcards
+Searchable key term glossary
Your Complete Guide to preparing for OCP Exam 1Z0-809
The OCP, Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer II Study Guide is your one-stop resource for complete coverage of Exam 1Z0-809. This Sybex Study Guide covers 100% of exam objectives and guides you through the process of re-learning key Java APIs, now that nearly every framework in Java 8 has been updated to include lambda expressions and streams. You'll prepare for the exam smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to superior content including assessment tests that check exam readiness, key topic exam essentials, an appendix custom tailored for those taking the upgrade Exams 1Z0-810 or 1Z0-813, and much more. Reinforce what you have learned with the Sybex online learning environment and test bank, accessible across multiple devices. Get prepared for the OCP exam with Sybex.
Coverage of 100% of all exam objectives in this Study Guide means you'll be ready for:
- Creating and applying lambda expressions
- Demonstrating functional programming competence
- Applying Object-Oriented design principles and design patterns
- Working with generics, collections, and class design
- Inheriting abstract classes and interfaces
- Dealing with exceptions and assertions
- Working with IO, NIO.2, JDBC, threads, and concurrency
- Handling advanced strings and localization
Interactive learning environment
Take your exam prep to the next level with Sybex's superior interactive online study tools. To access our learning environment, simply visit http://sybextestbanks.wiley.com, type in your unique PIN, and instantly gain access to:
- Interactive test bank with 3 bonus practice exams. Practice exams help you identify areas where further review is needed. Get more than 90% of the answers correct, and you're ready to take the certification exam. 180 questions total!
- More than 250 Electronic Flashcards to reinforce learning and last minute prep before the exam
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared
About the Author
Jeanne Boyarsky, OCA/OCP 8, has worked as a Java developer for a bank in NYC for 13 years where she develops, mentors and conducts training. In her free time, she is a senior moderator at CodeRanch and works on the forum code base. Scott Selikoff, OCA/OCP 8, has been a professional Java Enterprise developer for over 15 years. He currently operates Selikoff Solutions, LLC, which provides software consulting services to businesses in the tri-state New York City area.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Also, I was taking 1Z0-813 exam (upgrade from Java 6). This book partially covers the exam topics in the appendix (about 40 pages), but some topics are missing, for example PathMatcher, or default/static interfaces (I guess it assumes that most readers passed the OCA exam and know this topic).
I would recommend this book once the next edition is published.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Also... I did not study with any other online exam websites, as I found many of the OCP 8 practice exam websites to be buggy and use old/recycled/retired-style exam questions from OCP 7.
Definitely need to know streams, method references, JDBC well to pass. Thanks Jeanne & Scott! Another certification for my resume!
I studied solely using this book and passed the exam by nearly 20 points. I will warn people studying.. the exam is very nitpicky. The questions often include very methods that almost no one I know uses. In other words, you should probably read this book twice before taking the exam, as it is not easy.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > Java
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Java
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Oracle
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Publisher > Sybex
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Database Management Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Databases > Oracle
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Java
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools