- Item Weight: 381 g
- Shipping Weight: 358 g
- Item model number: A119-G
- ASIN: B01KARPKF2
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: July 14 2016
- Average Customer Review: 297 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #31,392 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Official VIOFO® A119 Car Dashcam - Capacitor Edition Built for Canadian Weather, GPS Logger, 1440P 1080P Dashboard Camera
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Automatically record HD videos when you are driving, providing footage for accidents and scenic driving
- Small and Discrete; with GPS logger / mount, rotatable lens
- 1440P @ 30FPS, 1080P @ 60FPS; 4M HDR sensor; excellent night vision
- Powered by super-capacitor (instead of battery), cold and heat resistant
- Loop recording, automatically overwrites oldest video footage with newest one
- Includes: 1 x A119 Car Camera, 1 x Non GPS Mount, 1 x GPS Mount (Optional), 1 x Dual USB Car Adapter, 1 x USB Cable, 5 x Clips, 1 x Mount Detaching String, 1 x User Manual
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
This is the Official VIOFO® A119 Car Dashboard Camera (Dashcam).
VIOFO® A119 automatically records HD videos while you are driving, providing video footage for:
* car accidents, hit-and-run during parking, and insurance scams
* scenic driving on a beautiful day
* practicing driving
VIOFO® A119 has these advantages over other dash cameras:
* Higher resolution: 1440P @ 30fps, 1080P @ 60fps (vs 1080p @ 30fps in other cameras);
* It uses supercapacitor (instead of battery) to store and provide power, allowing it to operate in colder as well as hotter environment. No more overheating in the summer or battery dying in the winter or after several years of usage;
* Wider 160° viewing angle (vs 120-135° in other cameras);
* Wider storage temperature range: -20° to 70°C (-4° to 158°F);
* Wider operating temperature range: -10° to 65°C (14° to 149°F).
* Larger 2' LCD screen ( vs 1.5" in other cameras)
* Automatically start recording when engine starts
* 160° Viewing Angle
* Video Recording: 1440p at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps
* Photo Resolution: 4M pixels, JPG
* Novatek 96660 Chipset, OV4689 4M HDR sensor, 6G lens, with better night vision
* 2" LCD screen
* MicroSD slot supports card up to 64GB (10 hours); MicroSD card NOT included
* Loop / Cycled recording: when the memory card is full, old files are automatically deleted
* Stamping: date and time * Support sound recording and mute
* 1 AV output
* 1 USB port
Package Includes: 1 x A119 Car Camera, 1 x Non GPS Mount, 1 x GPS Mount (Optional), 1 x Dual USB Car Adapter, 1 x USB Cable, 5 x Clips, 1 x Mount Detaching String, 1 x User Manual.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is the hardwire kit I repaced the junk Spytec with.
DC DC Converter Buck Module 12V to 5V Mini USB Output Power Adapter Car by CARCHET [...]
The quality of the video was excellent, and I got exactly as described after doing a few weeks research on cameras in that price range.
However, the problems I had were:
1. The last file of almost every drive was corrupted. Tried multiple Class 10 SD cards. Was able to repair the file by viewing the video on the dash camera itself. But could not open on PC/Mac without repairing it first.
2. LCD screen flickering.
3. Camera rebooting while driving. On my 45 minute commute the camera would reboot 3-5 times - corrupted more of the videos.
I assume something wrong with the capacitors? Although I did the test of turning off the car and the red recording light stayed lit for at least 4-5 seconds. I will update my review if I order another unit.
I'm probably going to order the same camera again to see if I got an one-off defective unit.
UPDATE: today a deer ran in front of us and we hit it. Shortly after we hit the button to mark an event. Got home and everything AFTER the accident was recorded, but nothing before it was. There are several videos on the device, all out of order and some going back 1-2 months. The ONE TIME we needed it to work and it failed us. Not good, considering what it is used for. What a waste of money, and a complete let-down. Even if it was under warranty we would not use the same device again because it just can't be trusted. Would give it zero stars if that was an option.
UPDATE 2017-02-23: The camera appears to be corrupting the last video segment of every journey and is no longer saving any settings. I purchased a new SD card thinking that would solve the issue (Lexar 633x). No luck. I'm disappointed as the camera only lasted a few months before this problem arose.
UPDATE 2017-03-14: I've been speaking to VIOFO support for a few weeks now. They said they would replace the unit for me a week ago, but I have not heard anything since. Support seems to be very unresponsive.
Here is their response after 2 weeks ?!
Thanks for your feedback.
For the issue that you encountered, we will release a new firmware as a solution of it in the near future .
Do you mind waiting for some more days?
I bought the VIOFO A119 dash-cam with GPS mount in Dec 2016 and here what happened:
1) the dash-cam was slowed down and overheating then enabling all its options (lane change warning, G-Sensor, loop recording, GPS logging, motion sensor, etc)
2) after 6 months the GPS mount connection pins didn’t connect properly with the dash-cam unit making the screen to flicker; to avoid destroying the product I had to plug the mini-USB cable directly into the dash-cam losing the GPS info and logging.
3) after 8 months the camera started to beep and reboot itself indefinitely
The VIOFO’s customer support is horrible. They never respond to any on my emails or at any of my posting on their forum support. After you pay you are on your own.
After reading many other horror stories from others on their forum support, I did an upgrade to A119 firmware and the camera was back working again … but is not keeping anymore any settings no matter what.
I truly regret buying this product. Such a poor prodyct quality and customer support. I wish I get my money back.
There are many other good options on the market besides this useless pathetic joke as dash-cam.
Most recent customer reviews
Will contact seller.