- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Canada (March 4 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0143187228
- ISBN-13: 978-0143187226
- Product Dimensions: 20.6 x 2.4 x 25.4 cm
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Average Customer Review: 869 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #28 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Vegan Recipes To Glow From The Inside Out Paperback – Mar 4 2014
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
#1 Globe and Mail Bestseller
#1 Toronto Star Bestseller
“One of Chatelaine’s Women of the Year. Angela’s passion for healthy vegan food is contagious and she’s eager to show others that vegan (and often gluten-free) food can blow your taste buds away.”—Chatelaine
“Angela has taken her vegan cookbook and shown us how truly delicious, colorful, and versatile the recipes can be. So many things I want to make! This is a book you’ll want on the shelf.”—Sara Forte, author of the bestselling cookbook and award-winning blog The Sprouted Kitchen
“The Oh She Glows Cookbook proves that vegan is not a four-letter word! Angela’s imaginative, mouth-watering, and totally approachable recipes will motivate everyone to cook healthy, vibrant foods for their whole family.”—Sarah Britton, CNP, creator of the popular blog My New Roots
“You’ll crave each and every recipe in this awesome cookbook!”—Isa Moskowitz, author of Isa Does It
“The Oh She Glows Cookbook is nothing short of a revelation. A brilliant collection of accessible and vibrant vegan recipes.”—Kathryne Taylor, creator of the popular blog Cookie and Kate
“If you can choose only one cookbook this year, The Oh She Glows Cookbook is it! Angela’s approach to vegan recipes is fresh, vibrant, and simple.”—Dreena Burton, author of Eat, Drink & Be Vegan
“Angela’s recipes are an inspiring reminder that there are no limits to vegan cooking.”—David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl, authors of Vegetarian Everyday and creators of the award-winning blog Green Kitchen Stories
About the Author
Angela Liddon is the writer, photographer, and recipe developer for Oh She Glows , the web's destination for healthy vegan recipes, which receives over six million page views a month. She also has an M.S. in social-personality psychology, and enjoys helping others find happiness and health through a plant-based diet. Angela and her husband, Eric, live in the greater Toronto area with their quirky cat, Sketchie.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I thought I had the best chocolate cake recipe in the world, was I wrong. The chocolate layer cake in this cookbook is amazing. I've made it with both the icing's in the book. I was hesitant about the avocado icing as I don't like avocados. I purchased some really ripe ones just to make the icing and I love it more than the regular icing sugar icing. Unfortunately, I loved it so much I purchased more avocados to make it again ( so much for the diet) the next avocados were not ripe enough and the icing was disgusting! Make sure to use really ripe avocados, so ripe you don't need a processor to make them smooth and you will think you died and went to heaven with the smooth pudding like icing that can be created with the right ripeness.
I'm in my fifties and I've become excited about cooking again because of this book, excited to try the next recipe and I know I will make every single recipe in this book. My husband is also excited to try the new food he is finding on his plate.
I've also purchased new appliances and kitchen tools recommended in the book and I love them and wish I'd had them for years because of how much easier they make food preparation.
Oh yeah, we are not vegetarians, you do not need to be a vegan or vegetarian to make use of this cookbook. As a matter of fact on many occasions I've opened the index to find a recipe I can try for meat to be reminded I won't find that in this book. It only goes to show how much I trust the recipes to taste delicious that I reach for this book first. Well...that and it's always on my counter!
I will end by saying I'm looking forward to "oh she glows too" or two, I don't care I will be first in line to purchase it.
WHY THIS BOOK IS DIFFERENT
1) EASY - Straightforward recipes. Easy to follow steps. Yet complex delicious meals are the result! Even if you think you can't cook, if you can read, you can make these recipes! No fancy equipment or cooking techniques required!
2) CONVENIENT - Every recipe is quick (with maybe a few exceptions that require some oven time or prep time) Also, a handful of recipes call for nuts to be soaked (but even then, there is a quick-soak method). I also personally choose to make all my own beans from scratch, but the recipes include amounts for both dried and canned beans.
3) NO SPECIALTY INGREDIENTS - Most vegan/gluten free/vegetarian cook books I have use a LOT of unique, specialty, or replacement ingredients. They are expensive and not always easy to find. There are very few used in this book. There are a couple (like vegan mayonnaise and vegan cheese- but I found these at the grocery store. Plus if you're not 100% vegan then regular mayo or cheese will do) It also calls for coconut oil sometimes, but again, any oil you have will work. I personally had to stock up on nuts and beans, and get nutritional yeast, but that's about it. Everything else, for the most part, is stock ingredients and fresh fruits/veggies.
Anyways, I am usually too lazy to write reviews but this is the best cook book I own. The pictures are also beautiful AND helpful in showing you what you're making! And every recipe shows you what dietary categories it is good for (ie soy free, nut free, gluten free, sugar free, etc). Every recipe is gluten free also, or gives the gluten free option. My only problem now is that I am let down by every other cookbook I buy!
I also found something kind of gross. On page 234, there is a photo of "Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls". In the photo, you can see a really long hair stuck inside the cookie ball. You would think someone would catch that. I included a photo.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews