- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Omar Khadr, Oh Canada Paperback – May 1 2012
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The stories describes the dirty game of the superpower U.S. in a post 9/11 era and the Kafkaesque powerlessness of a Muslim child who was used as a political pawn.
For instance to ever get out of Guantanamo this child had to plead guilty of crimes he never committed, like the murder of a U.S. soldier who was killed by friendly fire.
With this conviction in a illegal Military Court this child became the first person since World War II to be convicted for war crimes committed while still a minor. Not proven crimes to be precise!
Perhaps is the most distressing fact that the Canadian government never lifted a finger to help its juvenile citizen.
Great work by Janice Williamson who shows us that with the story of Omar Khadr, the global issues of today are being told.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > Canada
- Books > History > Americas > Caribbean & West Indies > Cuba
- Books > History > Americas > United States > 21st Century
- Books > History > Asia > Afghanistan
- Books > History > Canada
- Books > History > Military > Canada
- Books > History > United States > 21st Century
- Books > Law > International Law
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Penology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Law
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Military
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > Terrorism