- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
One Hundred Rings and Counting: Forestry Education and Forestry in Toronto and Canada, 1907-2007 Hardcover – Nov 28 2009
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'One Hundred Rings and Counting is a sterling study of professional forestry education in North America and of educational politics in general (every dean, regardless of school, should read this book). Kuhlberg's tour de force keeps a keen historical eye on the internal life of the Forestry Faculty while at the same time outlining the external forces affecting the program, including national and provincial politics, the relationship between funding and curriculum, and the indelible links between global events such as wars and depression and the human experience in this relatively small corner of the university.' (Char Miller, Environmental Analysis Program, Pomona University)
'One Hundred Rings and Counting, a remarkable account of forestry education set within a large university, is a page-turner that begs reading twice—once for the story and again to savour the detail and nuances. Changing public perceptions of the forest have variously contained elements of ignorance, apathy, and advocacy, and Kuhlberg's exceptional book provides a historical perspective that I hope will encourage and guide further debate about forests, forestry, and forestry education.' (Peter Murphy, Professor Emeritus, Department of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta)
About the Author
Mark Kuhlberg is an associate professor in the Department of History at Laurentian University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching
- Books > History > Americas > Canada
- Books > History > Canada
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Forestry
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Technology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Natural Resources > Forests & Forestry
- Books > Textbooks > Education > History & Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Agriculture