Other Tongues: Mixed-Race Women Speak Out Paperback – Nov 15 2010
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Adebe De Rango-Adem. is a recent MA graduate and writer whose words travel between Toronto and New York City. She recently completed a research writing fellowship at the Applied Research Center in New York, where she wrote for ColorLines, America's primary magazine on race politics. She has served as Assistant Editor for the arts and literary journal Existere, and was the 2007 York University poetry contest winner for her piece entitled "The Virtues of Love" as chosen by acclaimed writer and Griffin Poetry Prize shortlist nominee, Priscila Uppal. She is also a founding member of S.T.E.P. U.P.--a poetry collective dedicated to helping young writers develop their spoken word skills. Her poetry has been featured in sources such as Canadian Woman Studies Journal, The Claremont Review, Canadian Literature, and CV2. She won the Toronto Poetry Competition in 2005 to become Toronto's first Junior Poet Laureate, and is the author of a chapbook entitled Sea Change (2007). Her debut poetry collection, Ex Nihilo, will be published in early 2010.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States > African Americans > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > History > United States > African Americans > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Collections & Readers
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Canadian > Women Writers
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gender Studies