The Oxford Handbook of English Literature and Theology Hardcover – Apr 15 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Oxford Handbook of English Literature and Theology is monumental... These essays are finely executed and valuable. Wesley A. Kort, Journal of the American Academy of Religion ...a volume that is both particular and representative, one that successfully fulfils the double task of introducing the reader to current debates, and serving to consolidate the larger field. Emma Mason literature and theology The Handbook offers a sense of what interdisciplinary study might mean with enthusiasm, careful methodological awareness and wide-ranging appeal. It more than meets the high expectations placed upon it, and will be of lasting value to scholars in both fields, and to general readers who want to gain an insight into this expanding area of enquiry. Alison Jack Expository Times ...illuminating ... this Handbook ... will be useful, not just to specialists in the subject, but to many others as well. Richard Harries, The Church Times
About the Author
Andrew Hass is Lecturer in Religious Studies at the University of Stirling. David Jasper is Professor of Literature and Theology at the University of Glasgow. Elisabeth Jay is Professor of English at Oxford Brookes University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Bible
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > History > Europe > Wales
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Theology
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Linguistics
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > English Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Religious Studies > Christianity