- Student Exclusive: Amazon Prime Student members save 10% on all textbook purchases. Enter code TEXT10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Oxford Picture Dictionary, Second Edition: English-French Paperback – Sep 14 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jayme Adelson-Goldstein is an ESL teacher trainer,consultant, and author living in Northridge, California. Norma Shapiro has been involved with language teaching since 1982. She has conducted many workshops on vocabulary development, communicative activities, and using visuals in the classroom.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Another reviewer commented about the lack of diacritical marks.
It is true that if you are learning Persian for the first time and do not already speak it, you may find the lack of diacriticals confusing. If you are just starting to learn Persian, this book is probably not for you.
But if you grew up speaking Persian without reading or writing much, and want to improve your Persian spelling and word recognition, this is a fantastic book. The lack of diacriticals is how words are written in real life, so it will make you think about how the word is written and pronounced (without relying on those visual cues).
My favorite aspect is the double page spread of drawings of scenarios. They're great to put as an overhead and have the class describe what is going on, or make a story about the situation.
The pictures are great and it has lots of useful vocabulary, including verbs in useful phrases for teachers. For example "raise your hand" and "close the book".
However, I think the book could be improved by giving pronunciation guides for English and/or Arabic.
I'm using this book to teach English to Arabic speakers.
Most recent customer reviews
A must have for any ESL class. I have to keep buying them because my students keep stealing them .... great pictures and easy to use.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
The illustrations are great, but the articles for masculine and feminine nouns are not included and this is why I am giving g it a 3.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Dictionaries & Thesauruses > Picture
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > English as a Second Language
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Foreign Language Dictionaries & Thesauruses > French
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > French
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > Dictionaries; Polyglot
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference > Instruction > French
- Books > Education & Reference > Spanish-Language Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Linguistics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > English As a Second Language
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Foreign Languages > French