- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 12.7 x 2.5 cm ; 227 g
- Shipping Weight: 45 g
- Item model number: MD1024SD1-333
- ASIN: B000701CJQ
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Sept. 25 2008
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #318,280 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
PNY MD1024SD1-333 Optima 1GB DDR 333 MHz PC2700 Desktop DIMM Memory Module
|Price:||CDN$ 44.75 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 3.37 (7%)|
- Memory capacity upgrade provides improved system performance and responsiveness
- Deliver all the productivity your PC has to offer with PNY Memory
- Compatible with PC2700 (333 MHz), and PC2100 (266 MHz) systems
- Helps prepare your PC for running Windows Vista
- Easy installation, Free 24-hour Technical Support, and Lifetime Warranty!
DDR (Double Data Rate SDRAM) is a DRAM technology that supports data transfers on both the rising and the falling edges of each clock cycle. This effectively doubles the memory chipand8217;s data throughput and is more efficient than legacy SDR technology. PNY manufactures DDR memory upgrades rated at PC2100, PC2700, and PC3200. They are compatible with desktop and notebook computers and processors such as Inteland8217;s Pentium Celeron, AMDand8217;s Athlon, Sempron and others. PNY upgrade modules are compatible with systems from Apple, Compaq, DELL, Gateway, HP, IBM and over 5000 other systems. Boost the performance of your PC to its maximum capability. PNY memory upgrades will prove to be an outstanding value both now and in the future.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
In terms of performance, they're comparable. I recall PC2700 as not being much faster than PC2100, but the PNY RAM cannot tolerate aggressive memory timing or overclocking.
I had to use the Auto/SPD timing settings in order for it to run properly.
The RAM is very stable otherwise and since there is a lifetime warranty, you can't beat this package at the current price.
Crucial is the other major competitor and while their RAM can tolerate overclocking and aggressive timing, my experience is that they do not tolerate it for long and soon start to give PFN CORRUPT LIST, IRQL Less than or Equal, Page Fault in Non Paged Area, and other BSOD messages.
I ended up going with the PNY because it was about ten bux less than Crucial.