- Product Dimensions: 13.4 x 9.9 x 1.1 cm ; 18 g
- Shipping Weight: 23 g
- Item model number: P-SDU8G4-GE
- ASIN: B002V1H3T2
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Jan. 13 2010
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#206,759 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
- #244 in Electronics > Accessories & Supplies > Camera & Photo Accessories > Blank Video Media
- #487 in Electronics > Accessories & Supplies > Camera & Photo Accessories > Darkroom Supplies > Memory Cards > SD & SDHC Cards
- #699 in Electronics > Accessories & Supplies > Camera & Photo Accessories > Darkroom Supplies > Memory Cards > Micro SD Cards
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 7.99 shipping
+ CDN$ 6.44 shipping
+ CDN$ 2.34 shipping
PNY P-SDU8G4-EFBBS2 8 GB microSDHC Class 4 Flash Memory Card
- Record video and images, download music and ringtones and store photos
- For use in latest mobile phones, digital cameras and camcorders
- Class 4 (minimum 4MB/sec write speed). Also functions with Class 2 host devices
- Includes full size SD adapter for use in SDHC-compatible devices
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
PNY MicroSD cards let you get the most out of your cell phone, PDA, or SmartPhone to download and play music, games, video, and more. Business users will be able to store more email, documents, and presentations for easy access when away from the office. Please verify that your device such as cellular phone or digital camera supports SDHC cards. SDHC cards are not compatible with standard SD host devices and card readers, and will only work on SDHC host devices. Check with your device manufacturer to see if the device supports SDHC before purchase.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- According to CrystalDiskMark v3.01, this PNY card delivers Sequential Read speed of 21.8MB/s, and Sequential Write speed of 5.35MB/s when accessing 500MB files. But it has very poor Random Write speed for tiny (4KB) files, compared to other class-4 microSDHC cards by Sandisk or Kingston.
- According to H2testw v1.4 (which measures Sequential Red/Write speed of 1GB files), this PNY card achieves 4.97MB/s in Write, and 19.5MB/s in Read. This is consistent with the Sequential Read/Write speed reported by CrystalDiskMark.
- According to Flash Memory Toolkit 2.00, the Read speed of this PNY card is consistently high at 19-20MB/s, regardless of file size. Its Write speed, however, varies greatly with file size. For small files (1-2MB) its write speed is just around 2MB/s. For larger files (4-10MB) it improves to around 4MB/s. See the screenshot I uploaded to 'Customer Images' section for details.
My benchmark results confirmed that this PNY card qualifies as a 'class-4' (which only requires a minimum Sequential Write speed of 4MB/s). However, its Random Write speed for small files is painfully slow. When used in a tablet or smart phone, the random write speed of the memory card is more critical. Therefore this PNY card will perform a lot slower than other class-4 cards by Sandisk or Kingston. But as of this writing the PNY card is priced higher, so it is just not a good value for your money.
Before using the card, I put it in the included SDHC adapter and inserted it into the 5-in-1 card reader on my Acer laptop. Speed tests gave the following results:
PNY 8GB microSDHC Speed Test
May 10, 2011-FAT32
Read 16.9 MB/sec Errors: 0
Write 10.5 MB/sec Errors: 0
May 10, 2011-NTFS
Read 17.0 MB/sec Errors: 0
Write 10.0 MB/sec Errors: 0
Pretty fast for a Class 4 card. (It actually meets Class 10!)
Update December 19, 2011
I got a good deal on a second one and though it meets Class 4 it is slower than the one I bought 7 months ago:
December 18, 2011-FAT32
Read 15.8 MB/sec Errors: 0
Write 5.14 MB/sec Errors: 0
December 19, 2011-exFAT
Read 15.9 MB/sec Errors: 0
Write 5.22 MB/sec Errors: 0
With 130+ channels loaded and counting, a MicroSD card is almost a requirement to prevent the channels from downloading each time you want to watch one.
And with Amazon Prime, I ordered these on Friday and got them on Sunday. Pretty nice service and very unexpected as I thought they would arrive Monday.