|Place of Business||MISSISSAUGA, ON, L5N 7K6 CA|
|Product Dimensions||41.59 x 27.31 x 20.32 cm; 4.65 Kilograms|
|Item model number||557|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Centering plate; Dust bag; Chip deflector; Allen wrench; Carrying case; Owner's manual|
|Item Weight||4.65 kg|
|Country of origin||USA|
Wednesday, Dec 14
Ships from: Amazon.ca Sold by: Amazon.ca
Save with Used - Good
Wednesday, Dec 14
Ships from: Amazon Sold by: Warehouse Deals
Compare Offers on Amazon
PORTER-CABLE Plate Joiner Kit, 7-Amp (557)
Enhance your purchase
- The joiner tool has 7.0 Amp, 120 V, AC only, 10,000 rpm
- 1-inch O.D. dust port of the plate joiner accepts standard bag or can be connected to a vacuum
- PORTER-CABLE joiner fence tilts from 0 degree to 135 degree with positive adjustable stop at 90 degree
- Precise micro height-adjustment knob
- Lock-on trigger
- Includes 4-inch diameter blades for standard biscuit cutting
- Height scale accurate at any angle
Customer ratings by feature
From the manufacturer
The 557 7 includes Plate joiner, 4" Blade #5558, Centering plate #888776, Dust Bag #883175, Chip deflector #886490, Allen wrench #891869, Carrying case, Operating manual.
PORTER-CABLE 557 7 Amp Plate Joiner Kit
- 7.0 Amp, 120 V, AC only, 10,000 rpm.
- 1" O.D. dust port accepts standard bag or can be connected to a vacuum.
- Fence tilts from 0° to 135° with positive adjustable stop at 90°.
- Precise micro height-adjustment knob.
- Lock-on trigger.
- Includes 4" diameter blades for standard biscuit cutting.
- Height scale accurate at any angle.
- Seven-position rotating depth stop for FF, #0, #10, #20, Simplex, Duplex, and Max (#6) biscuits.
- Spindle lock feature allows for single wrench bit changes.
- Bale handle attached to fence, not motor, for greater stability and added control during cuts.
- Plate joiner, 4" blade #5558, centering plate #888776, dust bag #883175, chip deflector #886490, Allen wrench #891869, carrying case, and operating manual.
Offering seven cutting settings to handle a variety of wood types, our Deluxe Plate Joiner Kit boasts an industry-leading motor for powerful, dependable performance. Whether you're a professional cabinetmaker or woodworker, you'll appreciate its versatile fence and efficient design. The wood jointer kit includes a 4-inch blade for standard-size cuts and an innovative fence system with pivot point to provide accurate height readings. This plate joiner handles a wide range of joining applications and boasts an industry-best motor and adjustment knob for power and precision. For optimum control and stability during cuts, the bale handle of the wood jointer is attached to the fence rather than the motor.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from Canada
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I researched and tried everything I could get my hands on before buying.
The top handle mounting is one of the biggest differences between this joiner and most other brands, and that is what makes this model a little better than the others.
The 2'' cutter option for FF biscuits is one of its other somewhat unique features. I wish they included a 2'' cutter though, as I am unlikely to be able to take advantage of this feature due to the cost of the 2'' cutter, I find it hard to justify what they charge for a 2'' cutter and am unlikely to purchase one for the limited use it would see.
Fence is looser and doesn't sit square to the body due to poor milling. I have shims taped in place.
The new bag design is a joke. I use the bag from my old unit instead. Someone in accounting figured that they could save one plastic part with the new design and rendered it completely useless.
Sadly, it's still the best overall unit in the product category.
Top reviews from other countries
Updating first review. Followed the online process to let PC know that the alignment plate was missing. They apologized and shipped me one no questioned asked. Brand new in the bag. That was impressive. I'm going to 5 stars because I'm not going to quibble over a dust bag I would likely never use anyway.