- Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.ca price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
PROMISE FOR ELLIE Paperback – Jul 1 2016
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
LAURAINE SNELLING is the bestselling, award-winning author of over forty novels. She also writes for a wide range of magazines and teaches at writers conferences across the country. She and her husband make their home in Tehachapi, California.
Top Customer Reviews
In Book one of Snelling's new series `The Daughters of Blessing', we are returned to Blessing, North Dakota and the approaching wedding of Ellie Wold and Andrew Bjorklund. They were two young people who went through childhood idolatry for one another and grew up expecting to marry -- all with their family's blessings. They'd been inseparable growing up until five years previously Ellie's father had moved from Blessing to advance his furniture making business. Keeping in touch through letters, Ellie and Andrew would both be graduating that year and planned to be married after the harvest. Andrew was the quintessential farmer, loved the land and with help from their families they would be starting out blessed with acreage, a new home and barn. But before the wedding occurs their new barn burns down, and a life hangs in the balance that changes their lives and prove a bigger tragedy for the dreams of these two young people.
*** Well written with extensive detail, the reader will have no trouble at all envisioning life in the early 1900's. From what I gather this is a continuing family saga that began a couple of series ago bringing the children to adulthood as they face their own trials and tribulations as well as discovering the real meaning of faith and prayer when their orderly planned out world hits the bumps in life. Ellie was a loving delightful young woman, warm and sure of her love for Andrew although having misgivings about the physical results of childbearing.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Fiction
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance
- Books > Christian Living Store > Classic & Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Fiction
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Christian > Romance
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Fiction
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Religious Studies