PS Vita Hardware Wi-Fi - PlayStation Vita Standard Edition
- Blur the lines between entertainment and reality with breakthrough features such as front and back touch, motion sensors and augmented reality
- Take on your friends-or the whole world-with Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Feel the full-on intensity of First Person Shooters with Dual Analog Sticks-only on PlayStation Vita
- Chat with others on the fly-in the midst of multiplayer action or while watching videos using Party.
- Location based gaming allowing players to find and meet friends virtually for brand new experiences
- Platform: PlayStation Vita
- ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Greatness of PlayStation to Your Mobile LifestyleThe PlayStation Vita system brings the greatness of PlayStation to your mobile lifestyle. The PlayStation Vita delivers a stunning 5 OLED touch screen, front and back cameras, and dual analog sticks for precision control. With a growing library of games, the excitement of PlayStation gaming is at your fingertips with PlayStation Vita.
Sony's PlayStation Vita, previously codenamed "Next Generation Portable" (NGP), is the long-rumored successor to the PlayStation Portable hardware series. PS Vita retains the familiar general form of the PlayStation Portable hardware series while dramatically improving on virtually every aspect of its use with powerful and exciting new features including: dual touch pads at the front and rear, dual cameras at the front and rear, dual analog sticks, a 5-inch OLED screen, six-axis motion sensors and a three-axis electronic compass and exceptional built-in connectivity via Wi-Fi.* Taken together this makes for a handheld gaming device that truly signals the entry of handhelds into the world of Next-Gen gaming.
Blur the Lines Between Entertainment and Reality.
PlayStation Vita is designed to blur the lines between interactive entertainment and reality in a variety of ways. Reaching beyond the capabilities of every handheld gaming console that has come before it, in this model of Vita players have access to a vast amount of content via improved Wi-Fi, allowing for maximum connectivity wherever you go. (An additional Vita model allows for Wi-Fi and always-on 3G connectivity**) Its 5-inch OLED front multi-touch display brings brilliant images to life and allows for a new touch driven navigational system, while the additional multi-touch pad on its back surface will allow users to interact with games and characters that they encounter within them with a simple movement of their fingertips. The real world and the game world are seamlessly merged with front and rear camera enabled augmented reality. Additionally, services created specifically for Vita will be available on PlayStation Network. These services are designed help users take their gameplay, as well as interaction with other gamers, to new levels.
Additional features include: dual analog stick controls, a 4 core CPU, system-specific flash card media support for game and media saves, mobile PlayStation trophy support, built-in three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer and functionality.
Vita-specific PlayStation Network Functionality
"Near" is a core PlayStation Vita feature composed of location-based services, that utilize PlayStation Network. Near, developed specifically for this service and the network, will be pre-installed in the system to let users find out what their friends in the vicinity are playing now or what they were playing recently. Users can meet their friends and new players virtually, regardless of what games they are playing, simply by sharing their game information across different dimensions of time and distance.
LiveArea and Activity Log
Every game title for PlayStation Vita will be provided with a space called "LiveArea" where users can share the fun and excitement with other players. Users will have access to the latest information of games provided from SCE and third party developers and publishers through PlayStation Network. Additionally, Vita users will be able to view "Activity Log" which is constantly updated with accomplishments from users who are playing the same game, which in turn can trigger active real-time communication among users.
The Best in New and Classic Content
In addition to containing the best in new handheld gaming hardware technology, Sony's PlayStation Vita provides users with the best in quality content. All your favorite game franchises are coming to Vita, including but not limited to Uncharted in Uncharted Golden Abyss, LittleBigPlanet, Hot Shots Golf, ModNation Racers, Wipeout and many more -- including all new game launches -- yet to be announced. Joining these new offerings, players will also have full wireless access to the PlayStation Store. Here, via Vita's improved Wi-Fi capabilities owners can download new game add-ons, movies, comics and PS One classics ported over for handheld play. PlayStation Vita also features full backwards compatibility (via download) to all PSP games. Together this powerful merging of hardware and software is destined to create entertainment experiences unlike anything else available in the handheld gaming market.
- Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
- Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
- Dual analog sticks
- Two digital cameras (front and rear)
- Software titles on small, Vita-specific flash memory-based cards
- Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
- Advanced and fast Wi-Fi connectivity
- Free PlayStation Network access, including trophy support and new Vita features "LiveArea" and "Near"
- Vita can play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store
- CPU - ARM Cortex-A9 core (4 core)
- GPU - SGX543MP4+
- External Dimensions - Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
- Touch Screen - 5-inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
- Rear Touch Pad - Multi-touch pad (capacitive type)
- Cameras - Front camera, rear camera
- Game Media/Storage - New Vita-specific dedicated flash-based game medium; dual slots, one for the new game medium, the other is for storage media to be utilized for personal content and download content
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in microphone
- Sensors - Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), three-axis electronic compass
- Built-in GPs
- Wi-Fi location service support
- Keys / Switches
- PS button
- Power button
- Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
- Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
- Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
- Right stick, Left stick
- START button, SELECT button
- Volume buttons (+/-)
- Wireless communications
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)
- Battery - Internal/embedded (not removable)
* Connectivity subject to Wi-Fi availability coverage limitations.
** 3G functionality and coverage requires purchase and activation of an additional AT&T data plan. Connectivity subject to 3G coverage limitations.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The PlayStation Vita is perfect in terms of it's hardware. Some software issues are annoying, but those can be fixed later. I'll talk about those in a bit.
Skip to *** if you want to just read a quick 'sell', or recommendation for people.
Let me just quickly say that Sony made the right choice in ditching the UMD Drive. It means losing backwards compatibility with them sure, but the UMD drive would have held this handheld back from being what it is now. I love b/c and wish for all hardware possible to have full b/c, but I can understand and appreciate the fact that it is not here on the PSVita. That said, digital b/c should be full. Not all games are supported at the moment, but some not on the official list already can be copied to the PSVita from a PS3 and then work just fine.
The handheld is LIGHT. I mean, I knew it was light from hearing about it from others online, but I had no idea how light it really would be. It doesn't heat up at all either, so the hardware isn't too big for it's britches like my iPod, which will heat up really quickly with even games with little graphical prowess. ): Which makes me afraid to use those games on it.
The battery depends on what you do. Like an iPod, or any device like this. The more power used, the faster the battery drains. Uncharted will drain the battery pretty quick, while Plants vs Zombies can go for hours more. I think I get an average of about 6-7 hours. I honestly don't keep track.Read more ›
-Similar CPU and GPU as the new iPad
-Lots of PS3 / PSN features and games working from the get-go
-Playstation Plus, Cross-Buy, PSOne support on the way
-Console-quality First Party titles
-Some nice and innovative uses of the gyros, front and rear touch and cameras in games like Uncharted
-Nice variety of optional apps (Netflix, Facebook, Youtube, Skype, etc)
-Unimpressive battery life; cannot be changed.
-Costy memory sticks
-Weak third party support
-Slow sales mean uncertain future for the console
Did not come with a memory card meaning that by default the device can't really be used. No where in the product description does it mention that a memory card is required to play any games which led me to believe the device had some amount of internal storage.
Haven't been able to really test the console out until the memory card (which is very specific and hard to find outside of online stores) arrives.
Most recent customer reviews
Works great I can't wait for my memory card to come so I can start playing gamesPublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
I think it's a great device for on the go, but I really think their should be a minimum of 2GB of device storage.Published 1 month ago by A_Girl
Love this! Came in super fast ! Only thing is I didn't know you need a memory card to play anything on the system. Got a couple now though!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
If Microsoft invented an Xbox version of the PS Vita, then this is something Microsoft never did before. This makes me think it is a portable Xbox to me with my imagination.Published 1 month ago by Kevin Barton
This PS Vita is incredible for such a low price. I can't get enough of it I love it. Thanks.Published 6 months ago by Craig