- Platform: PlayStation Vita
- ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
PS Vita Hardware Wi-Fi - PlayStation Vita Standard Edition
- Blur the lines between entertainment and reality with breakthrough features such as front and back touch, motion sensors and augmented reality
- Take on your friends-or the whole world-with Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Feel the full-on intensity of First Person Shooters with Dual Analog Sticks-only on PlayStation Vita
- Chat with others on the fly-in the midst of multiplayer action or while watching videos using Party.
- Location based gaming allowing players to find and meet friends virtually for brand new experiences
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
This is the OLED version of the PS Vita - PCH-1001. It includes the console, 4gb memory card, USB cable and charger. The original box is not included.
Sony's PlayStation Vita, previously codenamed "Next Generation Portable" (NGP), is the long-rumored successor to the PlayStation Portable hardware series. PS Vita retains the familiar general form of the PlayStation Portable hardware series while dramatically improving on virtually every aspect of its use with powerful and exciting new features including: dual touch pads at the front and rear, dual cameras at the front and rear, dual analog sticks, a 5-inch OLED screen, six-axis motion sensors and a three-axis electronic compass and exceptional built-in connectivity via Wi-Fi.* Taken together this makes for a handheld gaming device that truly signals the entry of handhelds into the world of Next-Gen gaming.
Blur the Lines Between Entertainment and Reality.
PlayStation Vita is designed to blur the lines between interactive entertainment and reality in a variety of ways. Reaching beyond the capabilities of every handheld gaming console that has come before it, in this model of Vita players have access to a vast amount of content via improved Wi-Fi, allowing for maximum connectivity wherever you go. (An additional Vita model allows for Wi-Fi and always-on 3G connectivity**) Its 5-inch OLED front multi-touch display brings brilliant images to life and allows for a new touch driven navigational system, while the additional multi-touch pad on its back surface will allow users to interact with games and characters that they encounter within them with a simple movement of their fingertips. The real world and the game world are seamlessly merged with front and rear camera enabled augmented reality. Additionally, services created specifically for Vita will be available on PlayStation Network. These services are designed help users take their gameplay, as well as interaction with other gamers, to new levels.
Additional features include: dual analog stick controls, a 4 core CPU, system-specific flash card media support for game and media saves, mobile PlayStation trophy support, built-in three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer and functionality.
Vita-specific PlayStation Network Functionality
"Near" is a core PlayStation Vita feature composed of location-based services, that utilize PlayStation Network. Near, developed specifically for this service and the network, will be pre-installed in the system to let users find out what their friends in the vicinity are playing now or what they were playing recently. Users can meet their friends and new players virtually, regardless of what games they are playing, simply by sharing their game information across different dimensions of time and distance.
LiveArea and Activity Log
Every game title for PlayStation Vita will be provided with a space called "LiveArea" where users can share the fun and excitement with other players. Users will have access to the latest information of games provided from SCE and third party developers and publishers through PlayStation Network. Additionally, Vita users will be able to view "Activity Log" which is constantly updated with accomplishments from users who are playing the same game, which in turn can trigger active real-time communication among users.
The Best in New and Classic Content
In addition to containing the best in new handheld gaming hardware technology, Sony's PlayStation Vita provides users with the best in quality content. All your favorite game franchises are coming to Vita, including but not limited to Uncharted in Uncharted Golden Abyss, LittleBigPlanet, Hot Shots Golf, ModNation Racers, Wipeout and many more -- including all new game launches -- yet to be announced. Joining these new offerings, players will also have full wireless access to the PlayStation Store. Here, via Vita's improved Wi-Fi capabilities owners can download new game add-ons, movies, comics and PS One classics ported over for handheld play. PlayStation Vita also features full backwards compatibility (via download) to all PSP games. Together this powerful merging of hardware and software is destined to create entertainment experiences unlike anything else available in the handheld gaming market.
- Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
- Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
- Dual analog sticks
- Two digital cameras (front and rear)
- Software titles on small, Vita-specific flash memory-based cards
- Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
- Advanced and fast Wi-Fi connectivity
- Free PlayStation Network access, including trophy support and new Vita features "LiveArea" and "Near"
- Vita can play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store
- CPU - ARM Cortex-A9 core (4 core)
- GPU - SGX543MP4+
- External Dimensions - Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
- Touch Screen - 5-inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
- Rear Touch Pad - Multi-touch pad (capacitive type)
- Cameras - Front camera, rear camera
- Game Media/Storage - New Vita-specific dedicated flash-based game medium; dual slots, one for the new game medium, the other is for storage media to be utilized for personal content and download content
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in microphone
- Sensors - Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), three-axis electronic compass
- Built-in GPs
- Wi-Fi location service support
- Keys / Switches
- PS button
- Power button
- Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
- Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
- Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
- Right stick, Left stick
- START button, SELECT button
- Volume buttons (+/-)
- Wireless communications
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)
- Battery - Internal/embedded (not removable)
* Connectivity subject to Wi-Fi availability coverage limitations.
** 3G functionality and coverage requires purchase and activation of an additional AT&T data plan. Connectivity subject to 3G coverage limitations.
From the manufacturer
The Greatness of PlayStation to Your Mobile Lifestyle
The PlayStation Vita system brings the greatness of PlayStation to your mobile lifestyle. The PlayStation Vita delivers a stunning 5” OLED touch screen, front and back cameras, and dual analog sticks for precision control. With a growing library of games, the excitement of PlayStation gaming is at your fingertips with PlayStation Vita.
- Game with dual analog sticks for precision control
- Play a wide range of PlayStation 4 games on the PlayStation Vita system with Remote Play
- Experience a growing library of games at your fingertips
- Over 900 games available to play on PlayStation Vita through PSN, including new hits, PS one Classics, PS Mobile games, and more.
- Brilliant gaming with the 5" OLED touchscreen
- Touch screen controls
Top customer reviews
Did not come with a memory card meaning that by default the device can't really be used. No where in the product description does it mention that a memory card is required to play any games which led me to believe the device had some amount of internal storage.
Haven't been able to really test the console out until the memory card (which is very specific and hard to find outside of online stores) arrives.
P.S.:If you're looking for family friendly games, I recommend you take a look at the 3DS lineup.
Only a few minor scratches around the frame. Games and touch screen work fine. Content was well packed and arrived on time.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category