- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Papermaker's Companion: The Ultimate Guide to Making and Using Handmade Paper Paperback – May 15 2000
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Library Journal
This guide by papermaking artist Hiebert (Papermaking with Plants) goes beyond most books on handmade paper by including detailed instructions for making equipment and for using unusual fibers as a source of pulp. Instructions for both Western-style (European) and Eastern-style (Japanese) papers are covered. Some projects are included, but the emphasis is on processes and techniques. This good, basic manual is suitable for all crafts collections.
Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc.
From the Back Cover
Learn the Popular Craft of Papermaking from an Expert
* Make stunning, colorful papers from recycled junk mail
* Set up or even build your own inexpensive equipment
* Emboss, laminate, and watermark your papers
* Harvest your own plants for papermaking as the ancients did
* Learn to paint and even sculpt with pulp
* Craft unforgettable flower petal cards and stationery
* Share the fun of papermaking with children
* Make paper photo frames, books, lampshades, and more
With clear, easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step illustrations, expert Helen Hiebert covers every imaginable aspect of creating one-of-a-kind papers and using those papers in fun, creative, and beautiful ways. With techniques ranging from beginning to advanced, this essential handbook is sure to be one that paper crafters return to again and again.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
If you are already making paper and looking for project ideas, there are a few, but that isn't really the point of this book. Includes an index and resource guide
Update 10/08 I guess the book didn't inspire me enough to keep going with it. After my first review I've only picked it up one other time.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Papercrafts
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Reference
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Do-It-Yourself
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science > Paper & Woodpulp
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Industrial & Technical