- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by 5A/30 Entertainment when you purchase 1 or more. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
+ CDN$ 3.49 shipping
The Parent Trap
Today Only: The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series is $25
Deal of the Day: The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series is at a one day special price. Offer valid on July 25, 2016, applies only to purchases of products sold by Amazon.ca, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.ca site. Learn more.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Hayley Mills is the two-fer star of this original version of the 1961 Disney comedy. The young actress plays twin sisters originally unaware of each others' existence and who later determine to bring their divorced parents together again by secretly trading places. Brian Keith and Maureen O'Hara bring some adult legitimacy to their roles as the wary parents, Joanna Barnes is a good sport as dad's new and despised girlfriend, and director David Swift makes the whole production sprightly, warm, and fun. --Tom Keogh --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Ordered and receive two of these DVD's. Neither of which will play in any of my devices. (Very pissed off.) On my portable DVD player, the message I kept getting was Wrong Region. Now, I would like to return these two DVD's, they are of no use to me. Can you let me know how to return the two of them? I only have one packing slip because one was purchased as a gift for my daughter. She did not keep the packing slip. The DVD's were purchased in February, I believe in 2016. I would really appreciate some advice on how to return them for a credit on my Mastercard. Thank you.
Nancy Dorion (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ut inssage that said wrong region
• "Caught in the Act: The Making of the Parent Trap" is a good documentary (about 30 minutes), including interviews with Hayley Mills, Maureen O'Hara, director David Swift, Joanna Barnes, and more. It provides a lot of background details on how the idea for the film came about, selecting the cast, fine-tuning the screenplay, etc.
• "Disney Legend: Hayley Mills" is a 25-minute feature all about Hayley, and it's quite good. It includes photos and home movies from her childhood as well as interviews with Hayley, Maureen O'Hara, Dean Jones, Kevin Corcoran, David Swift, Nancy Olson, and others she worked with at Disney. Hayley talks about her family, her experiences at Disney, and her departure from that Disney image in the late '60s.
• "Seeing Double" is a short feature on the split-screen technology that allowed viewers to see two images of Hayley Mills side by side at once. This technology was quite innovative and experimental at the time, but it worked beautifully.
• The Sherman Brothers featurette is a short but interesting bit of facts and trivia on two men who wrote songs for many memorable Disney films, including "Mary Poppins" and "The Parent Trap."
• "Lost Treasures: Who's the Twin?" is an interesting feature about Susan Henning, the girl who played the double for Hayley Mills in the film (in scenes with the camera over her shoulder or to her back).Read more ›
I had to return my first set, because the case was broken on "Old Yeller". No big deal. But then...the secondary disc on "The Parent Trap" skipped and stalled, and "Swiss Family Robinson" wouldn't even load.
Having had terrible experience with Disney DVD's previously ("The Great Locomotive Chase"), I opted for a refund instead of dealing with the frustrations of another set that was defective.
Frankly, Disney's products seem to have so many problems, I doubt I will ever buy another one. Many of their movies are in the wrong ratio, some are terrible transfers ("Old Yeller" in particular, and also the Chinatown scene in "The Love Bug" comes to mind), and now I've had this set and "The Great Locomotive Chase" which have had "playability" issues.
For a company with such a great library of old movies, it is really sad that they put out such an inferior product. As I would love to include them in my DVD library. But one shouldn't have to concern themself with worrying whether a DVD is going to play or not when they purchase it.
It's about two girls, Susan Evers and Sharon Mckendrick, who meet at summer camp, and are shocked and surprised to find out that not counting their hairstyles, they look exactly alike! The initial curiosity leads to feuding and the girl's wind up in an isolation tent alone...for the rest of the summer.
Rain, wind, and an open window eventually break the ice, and Susan and Sharon begin to get to know each other. But when Sharon shows Susan a picture of her mother, Susan instantly recognizes it as her mother, and the girls discover that they are SISTERS!!!!!!!
To make a long story short, Susan and Sharon switch places in a wild attempt to get their parents back together. But their plans are nearly crashed when their dad announces his intent to marry a vain, uppity lady named Vicky. Can Susan and Sharon rally together and get their parents back together before something awful happens? Watch this exciting movie starring the adorable Hayley Mills as Susan and Sharon, to find out!
Hayley Mills has got to be one of my favorite actresses, and this has got to be the best film ever. She is just so good!
The DVD is just filled with extras, and if you want to see another DVD with the same amount of extras, see 'Pollyanna', another one of Hayley Mills movies, which is also awesome.
A couple years ago Disney made a remake of the Parent Trap, and although the special effects are probably much better, you can't reproduce the same charm that Hayley Mills gave us when this movie first came out. The original is always the best!
Bottom line: See this movie, and I promise you, you won't regret it.
Most recent customer reviews
Yes it was an most faveriote movie I watched it when I was 11, I enjoyed it as much today. The service for purchasing and delivering was a 5 star. Thank-you!!!!!!!Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love this movie. Both versions arwe great. The first one, with Haley Mills, has the song,"lets get together yeah yeah yeah, why don't you and I combine.. Read morePublished on July 5 2004 by Emily Moon
This was the highest grossing box office success in America in 1961 and if there isn't a statue of Hayley Mills in Disneyland there oughta be. Read morePublished on July 4 2004
I am a fan of Disney movies, and this is on my list of favorites. Nothing can beat this original!
Hayley Mills plays two different roles in the movie... Read more
The movie's very entertaining on its merits, despite being a tad dated in the new millenium. However, in the perspective of the 60's, quite well done. Read morePublished on June 4 2004 by G. H. Giroux
This is what every dvd out there should be like. If you are a fan
of extra features this is for you!! Read more
The Movie: The [original] Parent Trap is the BEST movie ever! I think that it is the best movie Disney has made, it's a Classic! Read morePublished on March 9 2004
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Comic Action
- Movies & TV > Action & Adventure > Kids & Teens
- Movies & TV > Animation > Feature Films
- Movies & TV > Animation > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Classics > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Comedy > Romantic Comedies
- Movies & TV > Drama > Love & Romance
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Adventure
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Animation
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Disney > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Disney > Live Action > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Characters & Series > Disney > Live Action > Classics (pre-1970)
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Classics
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Kids & Family > Family Films
- Movies & TV > Westerns > Biography
- Movies & TV > Westerns > Classics
- Movies & TV > Westerns > Romance