- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Passage to Modernity: An Essay on the Hermeneutics of Nature and Culture Paperback – Aug 23 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Dupre is the T. Lawrason Riggs Professor Emeritus of the Philosophy of Religion at Yale University.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
His insights are concisely set forth, and they are so subtle in their impact. He shows convincingly that the scientific methodlogies currently used today arose from theological concerns. The epistemological rift that so many schools of thinking hold to be an irreversible one is cast in a completely new light as Dupre traces the very life and essence of a single and central line of questioning over the ages.
For those interested in any of the hermeneutical thinkers, this book is essential. For those not interested in them, Dupre's work is still pertinent as it addresses the central theme of methodological conflicts afflicting every field of science--natural or human.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Historical Study > History of Ideas
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Consciousness & Thought
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Modern
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Movements > Humanism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology