Paths to Discovery: Autobiographies from Chicanas with Careers in Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Paperback – Feb 14 2011
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This remarkable collection allows us to follow the career paths of a group of trailblazing Chicanas. Their personal stories become even more important when we consider the need for greater participation of Chicanas in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.(Sarita E. Brown Excelencia in Education)
About the Author
Norma E. Cantu is professor of English and U.S. Latina/o literatures at the University of Texas, San Antonio. The contributors include Elma Gonzalez, Aida Hurtado, Diana Marinez, Cleopatria Mart'nez, Lupita D. Montoya, Elvia Elisa Niebla, Elizabeth Rodriguez-Johnson, Elsa Cantu Ruiz, Deborah Santiago, Lydia Villa-Komaroff, Maria Elena Zavala, and Martha Cecilia Zuniga.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Hispanic & Latino
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Scientists
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Specific Groups > Women
- Books > History > Americas > Mexico
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Hispanic American Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences