People, Population Change and Policies: Lessons from the Population Policy Acceptance Study Vol. 2: Demographic Knowledge - Gender - Ageing Hardcover – Apr 28 2008
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
"This publication is a welcome exception to the rule that an international study yields one volume of comparative chapters and another devoted to analysis of the data of each participating country. … The study was meant to provide the ‘scientific basis for population-related policies’. … the summary contain a great many novel and thought-provoking observations. … people thinking about policies, or working and writing on Europe’s population issues will, no doubt, find it useful to have these volumes at hand on their desk." (Dirk J. van de Kaa, European Journal of Population, Vol. 25, 2009)
From the Back Cover
This two-volume work presents social cohesion and demographic challenges that are associated with low birth rates and population ageing. It does so from the perspective of citizens and key policy actors. The work analyses peoples’ attitudes about demographic trends and expectations towards private networks and public policies. It places these in the societal context of national specificities in the fourteen countries and regards them as part of the dynamics of the European integration process.
Volume 2 focuses on research findings related to general knowledge of people concerning demographic developments, gender issues, and ageing. In addition, it presents the results of a Delphi-Study on the views of key policy actors in the area of demographic developments. The volume concludes with policy implications of the findings, and a reflected overview of all results collected in the two volumes of this work.
This book is the outcome of the DIALOG research project, funded by the European Commission under the 5th Framework Programme.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Demography
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Statistics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Geography
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology