- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Perfection of Wisdom: The Short Prajanaapaaramitaa Texts Paperback – Jun 26 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It also becomes clear that they must have been spiritual aristocrats, persons who had in fact achieved Enlightenment and who, though scholars, were writing from the point-of-view of the Enlightened. Given this, these texts present us with certain problems.
Edward Conze (1904-1979) has been called "the foremost Western scholar of the Prajnaparamita literature" and it seems to me that he has in his various works (such as, for example, his Buddhist Wisdom Books and to a lesser extent in the present book) gone as far as it is possible for a scholar to go in explaining these difficult sutras to a modern audience. I also feel that his many translations of the Prajnaparamita far surpass most others in their clarity and beauty.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Eastern > Buddhism > Mahayana
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Eastern > Buddhism > Sacred Writings
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Mahayana
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Sacred Writings
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Hinduism > Sanskrit
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age