Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ CDN$ 5.99 shipping
PetSafe Easy Walk Harness, Small, Black
|Price:||CDN$ 22.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 35. Details|
- Easy Walk harnesses discourage pulling on the leash
- Quick snap buckles on shoulder and belly straps for easy on and off
- 4 adjustment points for maximum comfort and reliable fit
- 4 adjustment points for maximum comfort and reliable fit
- Belly strap is a complementary colour to make it easy to tell up from down
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size : Small
The EasyWalk Harness is designed to gently discourage dogs from pulling while walking on a leash. Unlike traditional collars, the EasyWalk harness never causes coughing, gagging or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone. The unique front-chest leash attachment stops pulling by steering your dog to the side and redirecting his attention to you.
From the Manufacturer
For a pet that’s a real joy to own.
At PetSafe brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioural, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets
Easy Walk Harness
The perfect solution for a well-behaved dog
The Easy Walk Harness is designed to gently discourage dogs from pulling while walking on a lead. Unlike traditional harnesses, the Easy Walk Harness does not cause coughing, gagging or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone. Its unique front-chest lead attachment stops pulling by steering your dog to the side and redirecting his attention towards you. The quick snap buckles make the harness easy to put on and remove, whilst four adjustment points provide maximum comfort for the dog.
- Discourages pulling on the lead
- No choking, gagging or coughing
- Doesn’t require special techniques
- For when you need extra control
- Ideal for everyday walking
- Recommended by vets and trainers
- Use from 8 weeks old
How it works – the opposition reflex
All dogs have a natural opposition reflex - if you push against them, they push back. If you pull them back, they pull away. So any harness that pulls from the dog’s back, actually works against the owner by increasing the dog's instinct to pull forward away from the owner.
On the Easy Walk Harness the lead attachment is on the front of the Harness – in the chest area (not on their back). So when the dog pulls, the pressure is applied to the chest area which activates the dog’s opposition reflex and their natural instinct lean back against the pressure - rather than moving away from it – thus reducing the pulling.
Fitting the Harness
Fit the Shoulder Strap
1. Open the quick snap buckle on the belly strap.
2. Place the shoulder strap over the dog’s head with the chest strap resting on the dog’s chest.
3. Adjust the shoulder strap so that the connector ring sits above and behind the dog’s shoulder.
Fit the Belly Strap
1. Tighten the shoulder strap to a comfortably snug fit, allowing for just a finger’s width underneath. The snug fit is required because the girth creates the “foundation” that keeps the harness in place.
2. When the girth (shoulder and belly straps combined) is fitted correctly, it should resemble a vertical line.
3. When adjusted correctly, the chest strap will be horizontal, resting over the dog’s breastbone. It should sit nearly parallel to the ground and should not 'hang down' or gap.
4. Attach the 1.8 nylon lead to the D-ring on the chest strap.
Fit the Chest Strap
1. After you have the girth properly secured, begin to fit the chest strap. Gently press fingers on lower front of dog’s chest to locate the breastbone.
2. Adjust each portion of the chest strap equally to keep the D-ring in the centre.
Key Product Features
- Stops lead pulling quickly and comfortably
- Unique front-chest lead attachment
- Martingale chest loop redirects forward motion
- Steers dogs to the side and re-directs attention onto the owner
- Soft but strong nylon construction provides maximum comfort
- Four adjustment points allows a reliable fit
- Two quick snap-buckles on the shoulder and belly straps allow simple and easy fitting
- Easy to identify each strap (due to alternate complimentary colour of belly strap)
- Never causes coughing, gagging or choking
- Lead and Fitting Guide included
- Suitable for dogs with a girth of: Extra Small: 30 cm – 40 cm, Small: 38 cm – 51 cm, Medium: 51 cm – 71 cm, Large: 66 cm – 91 cm, Extra Large: 86 cm – 117 cm
- Extra Small: Minature Dog Breeds
- Small: Jack Russell, Yorkshire Terrier
- Medium: Border Collie, Spaniel
- Large: Labrador, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd
- Extra Large: Giant breeds and oversized dogs
PetSafe Training Tips
Train your dog. Enjoy your walk
Good training can be quickly undone by well-meaning family and friends. Initially, practice training where there are minimal distractions. Once the task has been learnt, gradually introduce distractions to test the learning. An important principle of dog training is gaining and keeping a dog’s attention. You cannot teach a dog anything until you have mastered attention training. Before anything else, train your dog to give you its undivided attention and eye contact.
Trainers must acknowledge that all training imposes restrictions on a dog’s freedom to some degree. Owners then have a moral obligation to give something back to balance this loss and maintain their dog’s quality of life. If you train a dog not to chase squirrels you need to throw a lot of balls for it to chase instead.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I've now had these for about 6 months. My big guy still does great on it. My little girl has discovered that if she does a sudden lunge, the clips will come undone and she can get out of it.
She walks very well in this and it is awesome not having her pull; we tried other types of leashes and collars to deter pulling and this has been the best so far.
TJ is around 90 lbs and we have a German Shepherd who is 75 lbs and they both fit size large comfortably. There is a lot of room for adjustment
I used this leash for months and was left unsatisfied. Although the design is good with the leash clasping to the front of the dog's body rather than the back, it still enabled my dog to pull too much. With the harness wrapped around his chest, I was left powerless when he pulled. As well, the harness chaffed his stomach and left a raw patch.
I've seen plenty of dog owners successfully use this harness and I would suggest it for smaller dogs than my lab (or even dogs with better leash manners than my troublemaker). If you have a large dog who loves to pull then I'd highly recommend the Gentle Leader Head Collar as I have nothing but good things to say about it and it has completely changed my dog walks.
Most recent customer reviews
Bought 2 of these for our dogs who are well behaved but big (70 pounds). We were originally using the prong collars but since they are very well behaved (most of the time) we... Read morePublished 27 days ago by Sarah
The best harness for a dog that pulls. I tried everything other than a prong collar to pleasantly walk my active chocolate lab. Read morePublished 29 days ago by cjh
Too small for a Shih Tzu poodle. The buckle bother him every time he walksPublished 1 month ago by L bel
My dog was a puller until I put this harness on her. She instantly stopped pulling and now walking is so much more enjoyable. I highly recommend this one.Published 1 month ago by C. Melnyk
A bit of a disappointment. Dog still pulled just as much only it sounded like her windpipe was strained. Returned harness.Published 1 month ago by Sheryl Raskob
We use 2 of these on 2 pitbulls (constant pullers) and I don't like this harness. If the dog decides it's going it's own way (which is what we're trying to address with a... Read morePublished 1 month ago by JoeBean
Our dog managed to get out of it and chewed the straps when out of sight. It was adjusted for his body but seemed to cut into the area where his legs met his body. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Madeleine Hollingdrake
My 80lb lab was a huge puller until I tried this. Now our walks are more enjoyable and no more pressure on his neck. Love this product and would highly recommendPublished 1 month ago by Hamish21