- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
Philips AS140/37 Docking System for Android (Black)
- Smartly designed FlexiDock to fit and charge Android phone
- Bluetooth wireless music streaming from Android device
- Bass Reflex Speaker System delivers a powerful, deeper bass
- FM digital tuning with presets
- MP3 Link for portable music playback
ALARM CLOCK AND ANDROID DOCK. Bluetooth wireless music streaming from Andriod phones. FlexiDock Designed to fit and charge Android phones. Dual Alarm with Gentle wake and Sleep timer. MP3 link. 10W RMS output.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
So I'm pretty sure Philips is the only brand that makes a docking system for Android devices and they've done a good job considering all the obstacles. I have 3 android devices in the house and they all fit well enough. Ideally it would be great if there were plastic bases that you could buy, specific to your device so that it's easier to dock. Docking any of my devices is a two handed job, you need to hold out the plug on the dock while you guide the phone onto it. I absolutely love the fact that you can dim the clock display. I had another clock radio that was like having a flash light on in the room, not so good when you're trying to sleep. The buttons are very well laid out and they even have dimples on them so you can feel them out in the dark.
Sound is pretty decent, some people rave about it but really it just has a surprising amount of punch and base for a 10watt system. The quality isn't as clear as some high end Iphone docking systems. One thing I do find frustrating is the ascending alarms I have yet to figure out how to make it so that it doesn't go so load and I have spent some time trying.
So after having this dock for less than a month the dock is broken and wont detect or charge the phone when docked. will not be getting a replacement just opt for a refund.
*I would not use the actual word I'm thinking of on a public form.
-The dock stopped charging just a few weeks ago. I tried every connection and plugging in different android phones. Nothing.
- The app that's supposed to be used with this dock is pretty useless. It has a horrible looking interface, glitches all the time, and really has no settings or features that are of any use. It doesn't sync with your androids clock and alarms. so you have to open and load the app and go through their crappy interface just to set an alarm. I really tried to make it work, but just gave up on it after a week of using it.
- the speaker quality is about a 5/10. I have an HTC one and the sound quality playing off of my phone is honestly better. Obviously my phone can't go quite as loud, but it's much crisper and cleaner. The speakers on this thing are very muddy and not crisp at all.
- the dock itself works alright, the connection goes in fairly easy and doesnt wobble too much. Except it no longer works or charges any device.
So essentially I paid over $100 for an alarm clock that can play music through mediocre speakers with bluetooth.
Most recent customer reviews
good sound, and superb option to use speakers with blue tooth.Published 17 months ago by Lynne Wright
Only reason for not giving 5 stars is the sound is overly bassy, which takes away audio clarity slightly.