Physical Properties of Quasicrystals Hardcover – Dec 17 1998
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Physical Properties of Quasicrystals presents an up-to-date introduction to the field of quasicrystals, a new form of matter which was discovered only in 1984. The field is inspected from an experimental point of view and the results are interpreted within the framework of the existing theoretical models. The book discusses our current understanding of the unusual physical properties of quasicrystals, as well as highlighting the challenges associated with the physical interpretation of the properties of these complex and fascinating materials. The book is written by a team of active researchers and conveys the sense of an excitement associated with research in a rapidly developing area of new alloys. A wealth of measured experimental data is presented and important information is given in a convenient tabular form. Although the book is aimed at a broad audience interested in the intriguing physical properties of these novel alloys, it will be of general use both to long-time workers in the field and uninitiated graduate students.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Chemical > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Semiconductors
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Superconductivity
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Solid State Physics
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Chemistry > Crystallography
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Crystallography
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Solid-State Physics > Condensed Matter
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Solid-State Physics > Superconductivity
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > General
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics