Piano for Dummies, Second Edition Book/CD Set Paperback – May 16 2011
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The fun and easy way to learn piano!
Whether you've only ever admired the piano or are looking to rekindle a past hobby, Piano For Dummies, 2nd Edition, gives you everything you need to make beautiful music with confidence and ease. You'll get practical, easy-to-follow guidance on how to read music, keep rhythm, and use your fingers and feet to play tons of popular pieces and songs.
Warming up to the keyboard — discover the differences (and similarities) between acoustic and electric keyboards and get tips on finding the keyboard that's right for you
Getting sound down on paper — learn the many symbols, lines, and dots that make up written music and understand how they're translated into actual songs
One hand at a time — practical guidance on how to play the melodies of well-known songs, starting with just your right hand and gradually inviting your left hand to join the party
Living in perfect harmony — find out what harmony is, how it's made, and how you can use it to fill out songs
Open the book and find:
Practice lessons, teaching techniques, and examples
Ways to make the most of your practice time
Tips on how to count rhythms
Exercises for playing with your left hand
Tricks, techniques, and stylish embellishments to dress up the music you play
Scales and chords in major and minor keys
Handy accompaniment patterns, intros, and outros
Bonus CD Includes
- More than 90 recorded performances of the exercises and pieces featured in the book
- Pieces performed using a count-off, allowing you to play along in time with the music
- Style samplers featuring riffs in jazz, rock, classical, country, and soul
About the Author
Blake Neely is a composer, conductor, arranger, orchestrator, and pianist who scored an Emmy nomination for his composition of the Everwood main title theme. Since then, Blake has enjoyed a celebrated career of scoring and orchestrating, with credits such as the movie The Wedding Date, the TV series Brothers and Sisters, and the smash Disney movie, Enchanted.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is very well written and easy to read and follow. I had some laughs and it was fun following the exercises. I would highly recommend this book to anyone, beginner to advance.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > For Dummies Store > Entertainment > General
- Books > For Dummies Store > Entertainment > Music
- Books > For Dummies Store > Home & Garden > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Instrumentation > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Instruction & Study
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Techniques
- Books > Textbooks