Pickles & Relishes: From Apples to Zucchini, 150 Recipes for Preserving the Harvest Paperback – Jan 7 1997
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Here is a good basic introduction to pickling."
From the Back Cover
New recipes for today's cooks include:
* Freezer pickles that take less than a half hour to prepare.
* Refrigerator pickles that require no canning.
* Salt-free pickles for dieters.
* Traditional dill crock pickles, including no-fail Half-Sours.
* Variations on old favorites, such as sunshine pickles, bread and butters, pickled okra, pickled cauliflower, piccalilli, dilly beans, and chutney.
* Pickles and relishes made from apples, beans, beets, carrots, corn, cauliflower, cucumbers, Jerusalem artichokes, okra, onions, parsnips, pears, peppers, purslane, pumpkins, summer squash, red and green tomatoes, watermelon, and zucchini.
Dozens of tips guarantee crisp pickles without alum. Illustrated step-by-step pickling methods provide easy guidance for even novice picklers.
Top Customer Reviews
I like the selection of recipes. They all seem pretty straight forward, using common ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen (or can easily buy from any grocery store). There are instructions for many varieties of bread and butters, sweet and sours, and dills, plus fruits/veggies and relishes.
If you already have tried and true pickle recipes that you love, you might not get as much out of this book, but for a beginner who is looking for somewhere to start, this seems like a good place.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I'm very happy to add this book to my library for reference and additional learning.