Pimlical is an advanced calendar/PIM application for power users. Pimlical is the successor to the very popular Palm Calendar application, DateBk, used by millions of Palm and Handspring users.
There is a matching desktop calendar application for Windows-based PC's and data can be synced back and forth with Pimlico's DirectSync, as well as through Google Calendar (using Pimlical/Desktop) see Pimlico Website at www.PimlicoSoftware.com.
In addition to providing all the conventional calendar functionality, Pimlical has a wealth of features for the power user including:
* Manages Events, Tasks, Memos and Contacts
* Quick Entry Templates
* Down-counting Reminders
* Floating Events, as well as tasks
* Custom icons, fonts and colors
* Full repeat support including irregular repeats
* Filters to control all aspects of event display
* Multiple calendar, category and group support
* Automatic backup, iCalendar Export
* Link events to contacts, find all events linked to contact
* Maintains old events permanently without any auto-purge/deletion
* Voice entry of appts
* List of upcoming alarms shows all future alarms that are scheduled
* Daily Journal: automatic date/time stamping
* On-line manual
* Locates and Displays all separate instances of a repeat, including irregular repeats
* Snooze and Alarm management
* Day, Day+, Week, Week+, Month, Month+ and List Views
* Dynamic resizing of font display with up/down strokes
* 250+ Preference Settings control all display aspects
* Fast entry of dates and times
* Full Timezone handling
* Advanced Find function
* Supports both native Android calendar and local calendar on SD card
* On-cloud or off-Cloud management of events, tasks, memos and contacts
* An active forum on Yahoo Groups populated with other Power Users interested in advancing the functionality of this application.
Pimlical/Android is definitely a calendar created for power users more than the occasional-use novice. However, there is no requirement to learn all the features in the application and many users may find it very helpful just because of one or two features they really need. The focus of the application is directed towards efficiency and functionality, and for the author, CESD, this is a continual work-in-progress as new functionality is added on a regular basis.
If you encounter issues on installing Pimlical/Android, first check out the FAQ’s on the TechSupport tab of www.pimlicosoftware.com or go to the support forum at: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pimlical
Best of all, all the profits go to the benefit of Wildlife Conservation, as CESD also manages the only private AZA-certified facility in the world for Gorillas (yes, gorillas! – see www.dewarwildlife.org).