Plant-Based Diet For Dummies Paperback – Jun 30 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- Choose foods that boost your energy, lower your cholesterol, and protect your cells
- Prepare meals that provide balanced nutrition from plant-based foods
- Maintain a plant-based diet at any stage of life
Reap the benefits a plant-based diet has to offer
Getting nutrition from plant-based foods is one of the best things you can do to lose weight, fight disease, and feel great. Chock-full of info on the most nutrient-dense foods, details on modifying your diet, and much more, this down-to-earth guide gives you everything you need to eliminate meat and reap the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle!
- Plant a seed — understand how a plant-based diet and lifestyle improves your energy, lowers your cholesterol, and protects your body’s cells from damage by cancer-causing agents
- Meat, be gone — transition to plant-based living with tips on overhauling your kitchen contents, being a savvy shopper, and boosting your diet with supplements
- What’s on your plate? — discover how to make wholesome choices for your meals and get organized with handy grocery lists and meal plans
- Get cookin’ — make simple and delicious recipes the whole family will love, and find out how to modify your favorite recipes to be plant-based
- Take note — find plant-based specifics for athletes, expectant moms, seniors, and children
Open the book and find:
- 50+ recipes for every meal of the day
- Tips for filling your fridge and pantry with plant-based foods
- How to navigate restaurants and special occasions on a plant-based diet
- Ideas for stretching your recipes beyond one meal
- Guidance on raising children on a plant-based diet
- Which plant foods are good sources of fat, protein, complex carbohydrates, and fiber
- Ten plant-based treatments to add to your beauty routine
About the Author
Marni Wasserman is a culinary nutritionist and health strategist. She owns and operates her Food Studio and Lifestyle Shop in Toronto where she teaches people how to make everyday eating simple and delicious. She also writes for Tonic Toronto magazine, Huffington Post, Chatelaine Magazine, and her blog at www.marniwasserman.com.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
I am doing the 21 days fix program with the vegan diet! It's very usefull!Published 5 months ago by Karine
Didn't find very helpful.....I didn't like it at all....waste of money. Only kept it because it would cost me money to send back.Published 9 months ago by Carol Brown