The Pocket Small Business Owner's Guide to Negotiating Paperback – Jun 1 2012
|New from||Used from|
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Richard Weisgrau, a professional photographer, operated one of Philadelphia’s largest commercial photography studios for over fifteen years. He then served as executive director of ASMP (American Society of Media Photographers). He has negotiated within a continuum from the small services contract to major industry agreements and political deals. He has taught the subject nationwide and has published numerous books on the business side of photography, including The Real Business of Photography, The Photographer’s Guide to Negotiating, and Licensing Photography. He lives in Narbeth, Pennsylvania.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- Differentiate between principle and positional bargaining
- Negotiate contracts, purchases, and service deals
- Resolve conflicts
- Assess risk
- Take advantage of the psychological aspects of negotiating
- Employ rhetorical tactics and body language successfully
I like The Pocket Small Business Owner’s Guide to Negotiating for its thoroughness in covering a multitude of negotiating situations. I found Richard’s book a good ready reference for small business owners and large company division and department managers.
The Pocket Small Business Owner’s Guide to Negotiating covers the psychological and behavioral aspects of negotiation, both being critically important to a successful outcome. Additionally, Richard provides an easy-to-follow method for negotiation preparation, execution, and follow-up. By using the prescribed methods, readers should find their negotiations more successfully resolved.
If I had one criticism of The Pocket Small Business Owner’s Guide to Negotiating it would be that the negotiating approach seeks an equitable outcome; precluding the opportunity for overwhelmingly positive terms.
The Pocket Small Business Owner’s Guide to Negotiating provides readers with actionable steps to negotiate the situations most commonly encountered by small business and business group leaders. While not intended to inform the actions of those negotiating ‘super-deals,’ the thoroughness of the methods and real world examples conveyed makes The Pocket Small Business Owner’s Guide to Negotiating a StrategyDriven recommended read.
All the Best,
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Negotiating
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Negotiating