Poison Flowers Paperback – Mar 5 2013
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Dorcas 'Dorry' Woods is a 55 year old recluse in Schuyler Point aka Marstown on the coast of South Carolina. For 20 years she has run a thriving dojang open from 6am to 8pm. 10 years ago, the town paper outed Dorry as a lesbian and cast doubt on her when her "lover" died of cancer.
30 year old Marya Brock leaves Seattle to live with her parents after she and her girlfriend of 3 years split. Marya gets a job as a reporter on the local paper. Marya is at a low point emotionally, especially feeling that her parents are shamed that she is gay.
Every couple chapters there is a chapter spoken by an anonymous person that reminds me of Norman Bates from the movie Psycho. Creepy. Next thing Dorry's brother-in-law, Denty, is found dead on Marya's front yard, a cottage she rents from Dorry. A complex resolution to the murder and a timeline going back 30 years complete the story. A resolution that left me gasping. For a terrific video author interview search 'Lizzie's Bedtime Stories Episode 42: Nat Burns'.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Gay
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gay & Lesbian > Gay
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gay & Lesbian > Lesbian
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gay & Lesbian > Romance
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Romance > Contemporary