- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Politics of Healing: Histories of Alternative Medicine in Twentieth-Century North America Paperback – Aug 1 2004
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This collection of essays is remarkably even in both quality and perspective...Even though alternative medicines encompass a strong leftist countercultural component, the essays in this volume poignantly demonstrate the many instances in which alternative medicides have forged connections with oppositional subcultures on the political or cultural right.. This openness to nuance and complexity makes this volume an essential reference work for anyone interest in understanding more clearly why more than 40 percent of adult Americans now use at least one form of Alternative medicine.
-The Journal of American History
About the Author
Robert D. Johnston is Associate Professor and Director of Teacher Education in the History Department at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Herbal Remedies
- Books > Medical Books > Alternative & Holistic
- Books > Medical Books > History
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic