- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Politics of Justice and Human Rights: Southeast Asia and Universalist Theory Paperback – Nov 25 2010
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The book is well-written and will appeal mostly to professional scholars of human righs and Asia and to laypersons with a keen interest in those topics." Choice
This book makes a major contribution to the theory and practice of human rights, engaging in particular with the 'Asian values' debate. It is especially concerned with the tension between a universal regime of human rights and its ability to accommodate diversity. Incorporating original fieldwork from Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, the book also draws out the significance of Southeast Asian developments for international human rights discourse. This book is likely to become a definitive account of political discussions of human rights in Southeast Asia and an important contribution to the development of human rights theory.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Law > Constitutional Law > Human Rights
- Books > Law > Current Affairs
- Books > Law > International Law
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Political
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Relations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > United Nations
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > International Relations
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History